Big Data Waging War on the Media

I think the title of this thread is wrong. It is a war against society, against everybody. What they do is manipulating everybody to do what they want, and we don't even know we are being manipulated. Scary stuff.
Yeah it was a hard title given the various narratives so I just went with the article title.

Absolutely this.

I think Western Govts need to legislate against this but my guess is it may already be too late as many of the people in power are in on it.

Tons of marketing is done on pay per click, retargeting, search engine optimisation, etc.

Would you ban the practice completely or just for political messages? Drawing the line between promoting products and influencing ideas would be quite difficult.

Yeah it was a hard title given the various narratives so I just went with the article title.
Thanks for making this thread. I think it is an extremely important issue. I didn't mean to write that you had titled it wrong. I wanted to express that I think that the implications reach far wider than the media.

RT was alright during the Yank election but doing my head in seeing their posts now. Every day there's something to undermine and recently it's constantly IndyRef bollocks to get people within UK on the comments having a go at each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.