Big Green Egg

Get a pizza stone.
Don't put in too much wood on your first cook/smoke, i find I can get enough flavour from the lump itself without adding much extra but I do add small amounts of apple or cherry wood which enhance the flavour.
Also, really important, get a good thermometer. I got maverick et732 which has a Remote so I can monitor the meat and oven temp from inside the house.

^^ Always wanted to pick up a Maverick remote thermometer... and probably, eventually, will.
Also, a Thermapen is highly essential for me (I use it for general cooking almost every day - great for not over cooking fish/chicken etc):

1114334da29543556f9b0a43fb30e62de6196525

Pretty pricy (anywhere between £30 and £50) but if you shop around, there's often deals on the odder looking colours.
Best bit of kitchen/BBQ kit I've bought...

^^ Always wanted to pick up a Maverick remote thermometer... and probably, eventually, will.
Also, a Thermapen is highly essential for me (I use it for general cooking almost every day - great for not over cooking fish/chicken etc):

1114334da29543556f9b0a43fb30e62de6196525

Pretty pricy (anywhere between £30 and £50) but if you shop around, there's often deals on the odder looking colours.
Best bit of kitchen/BBQ kit I've bought...
You can get them from Cooksmill for £15, it's on Regent Road in enemy territory
http://www.cooksmill.co.uk/kitchen/thermometers/multifunction.html

^^ Copies though...not the original (which are calibrated professionally and signed).
I've no idea how they compare like for like, but the Thermapens are super fast and reliable (and that's coming from someone who buys 'discount cereals'!)
Plus..yeah...behind enemy lines there :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.