Biggest regret and why.

Becoming a fuckin chef. Forget about all those celebrity cookery programmes and this God like status given to some chefs. It's a bloody hard job physically and mentally. Working around Xmas ,weekends, and all other celebratory occasions. It broke my marriage(as it does most chefs), I missed watching my son play football for years and generally lost touch with so many people because even when I was off I was shagged out to meet them. Even today I'm in work and won't get home till near 12 , when I will sit down and watch City and sunderland.I still don't know the score as I've avoided everything so I can watch it almost live

It was...Sunderland * - * City.

It' very common that those who plan suicide seem in good spirits near the end because they have made the decision and feel in control,that's why it's such a shock as they seem to have turned a corner

I read an interesting article this week where they said they can predict suicide under certian conditions and the likelyhood of someone carrying out the threat, without going into too much detail it said about various stages that people go through and one of the final processes was acceptance. This is when the person concerned now knows that they are going to go through with the action.

As you say, in many cases these acceptance generally leads to them being more content and this is what people see, however inside they have gone past the point of no return.

Mine is that I didn't take redundancy when the team restructure was to take place. I allowed myself to be mugged off by attending a sham interview for my own job, that I'd sucessfully done for 6 years, to be told I was not 'appointable'. The position was never filled.
I kind of know how you feel with that one, mate. Under my previous employer I built up the role so successfully that my boss could no longer ignore me (she readily rewarded all the other people in the team - I was the only male) and agreed to make it a higher pay grade. She re-used a job description that I had in fact written for my existing role (it was required during a departmental restructuring) and then told me I had to apply for this new senior role as a matter of procedure. She ended up giving this job - a job that wouldn't have even existed had I not been so good at what I was doing - to an external candidate (HR told me they suspected that she wanted a woman in the role, but couldn't prove it).

I really regret not making a bigger fuss of it and taking it up through the union (who had told me I had a strong case). All that hard work and achievement, only to be properly shafted. The reason I didn't act was that I was going through a traumatic break-up at the time, which leads me to my other big regret...

I was in a relationship for 18 months, during which I occasionally had a sense that she wasn't quite what she seemed, and even saw some red flags early on. The inevitable happened and she treated me atrociously. Took me a year to get over it, really, so I felt that I kind of lost 2 and a half years of my life. I regret not trusting my gut and not getting out of that relationship sooner.

I think in most cases that is what regret is: not taking action and ignoring the warning signs.

I kind of know how you feel with that one, mate. Under my previous employer I built up the role so successfully that my boss could no longer ignore me (she readily rewarded all the other people in the team - I was the only male) and agreed to make it a higher pay grade. She re-used a job description that I had in fact written for my existing role (it was required during a departmental restructuring) and then told me I had to apply for this new senior role as a matter of procedure. She ended up giving this job - a job that wouldn't have even existed had I not been so good at what I was doing - to an external candidate (HR told me they suspected that she wanted a woman in the role, but couldn't prove it).

I really regret not making a bigger fuss of it and taking it up through the union (who had told me I had a strong case). All that hard work and achievement, only to be properly shafted. The reason I didn't act was that I was going through a traumatic break-up at the time, which leads me to my other big regret...

I was in a relationship for 18 months, during which I occasionally had a sense that she wasn't quite what she seemed, and even saw some red flags early on. The inevitable happened and she treated me atrociously. Took me a year to get over it, really, so I felt that I kind of lost 2 and a half years of my life. I regret not trusting my gut and not getting out of that relationship sooner.

I think in most cases that is what regret is: not taking action and ignoring the warning signs.

It's also the, sometimes naive, hope that things will work out even though you know they probably won't. When I got told I didn't have the job I was shocked but not surprised.

I only have two real regrets. One is that I was a lazy git at school and never bothered to learn foreign languages. I wish I had, and that I'd buggered off out of this country years ago, perhaps as an English translator or teacher. Now it's way too late.

The other is that I never quite had the bottle to ask a certain girl to go out with me. Won't mention her name, just in case she's still around. It's a long time ago, but the moral is, always ask, never keep your gob shut.

Got offered a spare for the 1-6 on the day of the game and turned it down as I was "a bit skint".

Stupid fucking twat should have whacked the day on my credit card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.