Biggest shithole you've ever been too?

nu774ll said:
OneLove_OneLife_OneCity said:
Crewe

edit: Telford isnt pretty either

I think your pretty deluded if you think Telford is a shithole on the basis you live in Shrowsbury!! I've never met anyone from Shrews who doesn't think Telford is a shithole a a town full of chavs but in the last couple of years the tide has changed, the last few times ive frequented shrewsbury its been full of Chavs and cokeheads in every toilet. I mean just look at the nighclubs up there Liquuid and the buttermarket haha, then you've got a small shitty shopping centre and thats pretty much it its empty!!
I know alot of people from Shrews as well that come to work over here as there is nothign around there so it cant be that bad!

apart from that i have also had the misfortune of visiting Goole - what a disgrace that place is!!!!

I'm not a Shrewsbury native, I was actually born in and lived in Bury (Good win for the Shakers last night!) but I have learned that it is SHREWSBURY
not Shrowsbury.

I think that Telford is a shithole, based on the fact I have had the misfortune of visiting the town many times, and not because I live in Shrewsbury.

Firstly, you arrive by rail at the station, which has 2 platforms, built in the 1980s out on a limb (not central to the town like Shrewsbury station is), 20 years after the town was founded. You then have to cross a suspect metal bridge which shakes and rattles under each footstep, then weave your way round some vulgar tower blocks, past a dismantled signpost and some sort of hut, on which some clever sausage has managed to spell the word "dick". Then you have a choice of a ramp or stairs to take you up to the next obstacle, a suspension bridge, usually guarded at least at one end by a gang of chavs about 15 strong. If you manage to make it onto the bridge this will be the highlight of your trip, if you jump up and down the bridge will bounce, one ray of joy on a somewhat depressing day. Then you walk past the Asda, you may spy some more thrilling graffiti by the cash machines, some local brainbox has managed to spell their own name in silver paint!
You make your way to the Shopping Centre entrance, oh look, waiting just inside is another gathering of chavs, standing around looking mean, they are soon cleared off by an angry old lady with a big black handbag. Already you notice that inside the shopping centre it is quite dark, and bereft of any natural daylight, the only light is that of your typical tacky shop fronts, BHS, JD Sports for example. The rest of your day is one large obstacle course, you have to avoid the dithering grannies, the babies in their buggies being pushed by some usually overweight and miserable woman with a scowl on her face and fake jewellery attatched to her wrist.

You suddenly realise its lunchtime, "where can I eat?" you ask yourself. The McDonalds is queued out the door. As too are the Subway and Greggs. You have to settle for an overpriced greasy spoon opposite the JJB with a lovely view of Iceland Supermarket out the window. You finish your meal under the gaze of mean glares as you mutter to yourself about how poor your day so far has been. The onlookers do not like this... "Telford is a wonderful place" they say, "Visit the town park". You leave the greasy spoon and head toward this "haven" they call the town park.

You approach the exit of the shopping centre, these doors too are surrounded by 2 or 3 groups of chavs that you never see in Telford. You step outside, its raining, would you expect anything less? Stood under a shelter, you look out to what is the Town Park, you spot a lake full of green weed. You decide that it isnt worth staying and walk back into the centre.

Everyone else has had the same idea. The Shopping Centre fills up. You are now slowly cooking along with everybody else. You decide its time to head back to the station. Lucky you, you just happen to walk past the clock on the hour, the frog on the clock blows bubbles at you. The bubbles float down into the crowds, then a child pokes one with a finger, it pops and deflates, just like your day at Telford the minute you got off the train.

You manage to negotiate the obstacles and head to the exit and towards the station. You cross the suspension bridge, the chavs have gone in, its raining. You dont bother to bounce this time. You hotfoot it down the steps, and run head down past the vulgar tower blocks. You walk across the suspect metal bridge, it has a roof, but its useless as the rain blows in through the open sides. You make your way to the platform, oh joy of joys, the train is late! Half an hour sat in the waiting room, no sorry, stood in the rain... The waiting room is locked due to vandalism by local youths. The train appears, 20 minutes late, two carriages, and its packed. You squeeze onto the train and perch on a seat near the door. The doors close, the train pulls away, you vow never to return to Telford again.

blueshortshorts said:
Harehills and Burmantofts. Leeds

Harehills is OK. I lived there for a few years and never saw anything that bad.

East Manchester is the biggest dump I know. You can include parts of Oldham in that too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.