Billy McNeill

More sad news, news of another Lisbon Lion, Tommy Gemmel has died.

Tommy scored in both European Cup finals we were in.

Here's the one from Lisbon. RIP big man.

Tommy was one of a very few British players to score in two Eurooean Cup finals. Not bad for a left back.

Here's his equaliser against Feyonord

Must admit I hated Billy McNeill when he quit City back in 87 for Villa. Looking back it's clear to see now how well he did for us given the limited resources and lack of real backing from the board. God bless you Billy Mac

Look at the team he had, and he got promotion, job done. Great manager, and laid the foundation for better times.

hope he is ok.

Must admit I hated Billy McNeill when he quit City back in 87 for Villa. Looking back it's clear to see now how well he did for us given the limited resources and lack of real backing from the board. God bless you Billy Mac

Manager of two teams that both went down that season weren't he?

He got absolute pelters when he came back with villa a few months later. I'm sure we won 3-1 to piss him off even more.

He got absolute pelters when he came back with villa a few months later. I'm sure we won 3-1 to piss him off even more.

Doesn't anyone remember the song we greeted him back at MR with ? god,i was about 22 .

"Oh billy mac's a wanker
he wears a wankers cap
and when he wears it backwards
he looks a fkin twat "

Doesn't anyone remember the song we greeted him back at MR with ? god,i was about 22 .

"Oh billy mac's a wanker
he wears a wankers cap
and when he wears it backwards
he looks a fkin twat "
That was tame compared to some of the other songs directed towards him that day. One of them was particularly personal and not appropriate to be repeated on this thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.