Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by vonkeynotvenky, 11 Sep 2017.

1. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

I tried to explain to my mate that buying stuff from ebay and Amazon by asking other people to buy it isn't avoiding macro economics and globalism it's the same thing as actually buying the stuff yourself.

2. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    Hasn't that got all the hall marks of a huge scam though? Get your "marks" to invest loads of real recognised money into something with a promise of great returns and the at some stage a collapse with the only person left holding readies is the guy who came up with the idea. Personally I never bought any tulip bulbs off Mr Ponzi because he seemed a bit shifty.

3. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

When I went to the talk in Manchester it reminded me of a mix between religious fervour and conspiracy theorists, it was quite scary. I did however got some nice card holders and pens and stationary for free.

4. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    No time share in Tenerife? What a swizz lol

5. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

Just a slight whiff of FIAT currency and you're looked at like a heathen, paying for the said timeshare would have been physically impossible, I felt like this...

[​IMG]

6. Tragic meat van guy

Tragic meat van guy

The smaller denomination of bitcoin is called satoshi's after the creator of bitcoin I believe.
    I've been looking into crypto for a couple of weeks, bitcoin has gone through the roof since July but its so fucking volatile.

The next big think was / is a Chinese effort called antshares which rebranded as NEO. they relaunched it and it went through the roof.
    Then china banned ICO's and everything too a hit for about 4 days then rebounded, then China banned exchanges and everything is in a big lull with even bitcoin dropping almost $1000 usd overnight over the weekend
    Seems to have recovered somewhat today.

Long term it looks a very high / high reward investment IF you can find a new coin with real life application in the piles of bandwagon jumping shite that's out there.

I'm currently finding out more regards blockchain tech and application and maybe punt a few ton on a a couple of alts but its difficult not to jump in head first when you start looking and you see some shit go up 370% overnight!

7. casserole of nonsense

casserole of nonsense

This lad you know is telling people he wants to be anonymous?

8. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

Well obviously I know him :)

But yes he wants to be a ghost, I don't even know if that's possible only having bourne identity to go off as a reference.

9. Bluemanc100

Bluemanc100

RKAM
    My boys are building a pc each and they have waited ages for processors.. apparently there are people "mining data" and it's something to do with Bitcoin.... they have been told a month minimum as there are people buying up processors to run PCs on an industrial scale for this?? All over my head sadly

10. casserole of nonsense

casserole of nonsense

Does he smother his face in lemon juice so he's invisible to CCTV?