Blackpool Vs Spurs Tonight (Merged)

The Fat el Hombre

We could really, really do with blackpool getting a result in this tonight. Spurs go ahead of us if they win, on even games played, and with their easy run in unless they succumb to a few unexpected slip ups the battle for fourth spot could be a straight race between us and chelsea

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway is missing a number of players for Tuesday's Premier League clash against Tottenham at Bloomfield Road.

Midfielder Elliot Grandin is out with the hamstring injury he sustained against Aston Villa, while Stephen Crainey misses out with an ankle problem.

Brett Ormerod (groin) and Gary Taylor-Fletcher (hamstring) are also carrying knocks.

Holloway is missing goalkeepers Paul Rachubka and Matt Gilks through injury, so youngster Chris Kettings will again deputise on the bench for Richard Kingson.

Meanwhile, Rafael van der Vaart is absent for Tottenham after suffering a recurrence of his calf injury, though Luka Modric has recovered from appendicitis.

Vedran Corluka and Jonathan Woodgate both suffered injuries against AC Milan and don't play, while Gareth Bale, Ledley King, Younes Kaboul and Tom Huddlestone remain on the sidelines.

Jermaine Jenas returns from suspension.

Blackpool (from): Kingson, Southern, Eardley, Cathcart, Evatt, Adam, Phillips, Vaughan, Varney, Taylor-Fletcher, Campbell, Sylvestre, Beattie, Reid, Puncheon, Ormerod, Baptiste, Harewood, Carney, Kettings, Halstead.

Tottenham (from): Gomes, Pletikosa, Cudicini, Hutton, Gallas, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto, Dawson, Khumalo, Sandro, Palacios, Jenas, Lennon, Pienaar, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe.

Re: Blackpool Vs Spurs Tonight

I know Spurs have got a lot of players out but looking at the squad they're taking it shows we have far more strength in depth! Although still a few players that could do damage!

Come on Blackpool, take it to 'em! I'll take a draw at least

Blackpool are desperate for a win so lack of motivation shouldn't be a worry.

They won't even have their European hangover because they've not played for a week, and Blackpool are pretty much in freefall.

That said, I'm expecting a heroic 2-0 up to Blackpool before their one-dimensional tactics are shown up and they concede 3. Just like in the United match.

The Fat el Hombre said:
We could really, really do with blackpool getting a result in this tonight. Spurs go ahead of us if they win, on even games played, and with their easy run in unless they succumb to a few unexpected slip ups the battle for fourth spot could be a straight race between us and chelsea

Easy run in?
Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and us?

Blackpool x2, Wolves, Birmingham, West Ham, Wigan and West Brom - all fighting for survival.
Stoke - not easy either.

I think this season more than any before it has thrown up a lot of surprise results.

I don't think there's any easy games left for any team now.

We've got Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Fulham, Wigan, Sunderland, Everton, West Ham, Stoke, Blackburn and Bolton.

It's entirely in our own hands.

In our own hands.

Again.....

Come on Blackpool.

the spurs squad is off equal quality to that of man citys squad fella, modric & krancjar are also available tonight that are not on that list, we have had chronic bad luck with injuries this year & yet are still in with a great shout of a top 3 finish,i believe a win tonight & the comeback off a fresh gareth bale in the next week or so,you will find it very difficult to finish above spurs in my opinion,we kicked on this time last year when many up & down the country were waiting for spurs to implode & expected it to happen & it didnt,we have the squad to cope with injuries to important players

benCTID said:
Tonight Mattew I am in Team Holloway.

Oi be with you on that - o' arrrrr!

As Blackpool is refered to, in this household at least, as the 'shithole' would it be appropriate to be shouting 'Up the shithole' tonight?

essexspur said:
the spurs squad is off equal quality to that of man citys squad fella, modric & krancjar are also available tonight that are not on that list, we have had chronic bad luck with injuries this year & yet are still in with a great shout of a top 3 finish,i believe a win tonight & the comeback off a fresh gareth bale in the next week or so,you will find it very difficult to finish above spurs in my opinion,we kicked on this time last year when many up & down the country were waiting for spurs to implode & expected it to happen & it didnt,we have the squad to cope with injuries to important players

fairy muff, at least it makes it interesting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.