Blackpool Vs Spurs Tonight (Merged)

So there we go then.

The spuds-mad media like "talkspuds" have been in hperdrive all day talking them up as if they're going to win the treble.
And then they go and get dicked at Blackpool.

No problem with that...it happens.Like City v Wolves.

But some people on here have somehow built spuds into the "London rags" when in fact they are no more than a decent side,with decent support,that have one set of tactics-managed by a bloke who's won one trophy in his entire 30 years in management.

That finished one point above us last season.And some people are shitting themselves....

The facts are that they are currently below us with a vastly inferior goal difference,despite labelling themselves as "the great entertainers"-another media myth that the spinmaster Redknapp has propogated with his lapdogs in the London media.

Look past the hype and the spin...Redknapp,like Ferguson-OWNS the media.He's a walking soundbite,he fills airtime.He can do no wrong in their eyes.He's the walking,wide boy,man of the people "chancer" they all want to be deep down.He's spent ages building this image-it's not an accident.

So will he be labelled a tactical dunce for his "one size fits all" tactics getting slapped at Blackpool?

Will Talkspuds and the Daily Mirror give him what for,or start spinning negative stories about "unhappy" players,or ask Modric loaded questions about being "bigger than Barca?"

Will they fuck.

They'll kiss his arse and ignore it-like it didn't really happen...just watch.

So let's stop buying into the Redknapp hype.
We are well capable of finishing above Spuds.
That's why the twitcher "miracle" mind games have started in the media.
Let twtcher do his talking in court-we'll do our talking on the pitch.

bluetoo said:
MCFC BOB said:
The season itself isn't over. I did just word it wrong, but for me, we are a long way off the title.
We were top of the league for one shining glorious moment a few weeks back. Did I think because of that we were going to win the league?....ummm...no... but I got more mileage out of it than should be deemed humanly possible. Take a break mate...stop and smell the roses once in a while...I reckon the 'typical City' tag has been nailed into peoples psyches by far too many self fulfilling prophesies. I also reckon we can get rid of it if we actually dare to believe in ourselves.

*glances at the league again*...yuuuuuuuuuup :o)
But there you go. You saw the league table in December and we were 9 points clear of Spurs and fourth looked a given. Now look. Football can change in a second. I'm no celebrating this Blackpool win as much as anyone else.

Tottenham, on another day, would have scored the big chances they missed and would now be a point clear of us and our place in the top 4 would be under threat. This is a massive warning (or at least it should be) to Mancini, as he should now know that who finishes in the top 4 could be out of our hands by this time next week.

MCFC BOB said:
bluetoo said:
We were top of the league for one shining glorious moment a few weeks back. Did I think because of that we were going to win the league?....ummm...no... but I got more mileage out of it than should be deemed humanly possible. Take a break mate...stop and smell the roses once in a while...I reckon the 'typical City' tag has been nailed into peoples psyches by far too many self fulfilling prophesies. I also reckon we can get rid of it if we actually dare to believe in ourselves.

*glances at the league again*...yuuuuuuuuuup :o)
But there you go. You saw the league table in December and we were 9 points clear of Spurs and fourth looked a given. Now look. Football can change in a second. I'm no celebrating this Blackpool win as much as anyone else.

Tottenham, on another day, would have scored the big chances they missed and would now be a point clear of us and our place in the top 4 would be under threat. This is a massive warning (or at least it should be) to Mancini, as he should now know that who finishes in the top 4 could be out of our hands by this time next week.

Fourth looked a given to some maybe...not to me...in fact not to any self respecting City fan I know...and Im quite sure not to Mancini and as a result none of our players. I AM celebrating the Blackpool win because a)I hate spuds and b) it brings us closer to our objective.

Tottenham didnt play on another day...they played today. They didnt score the big chances they had and arent a point clear of us and as a result fourth spot is in our hands to fuck up. Mancini would be a fool to be complacent, Im quite certain he is neither. This stuff really isnt complicated you know?

bluetoo said:
MCFC BOB said:

Fourth looked a given to some maybe...not to me...in fact not to any self respecting City fan I know...and Im quite sure not to Mancini and as a result none of our players. I AM celebrating the Blackpool win because a)I hate spuds and b) it brings us closer to our objective.

Tottenham didnt play on another day...they played today. They didnt score the big chances they had and arent a point clear of us and as a result fourth spot is in our hands to fuck up. Mancini would be a fool to be complacent, Im quite certain he is neither. This stuff really isnt complicated you know?

Make that 3rd spot is ours to fuck up! Even better.

MCFC BOB said:
bluetoo said:
Is that the possible future where the Mayan predicted the world would end in 2012? no point saving up for hols next year then eh?

Everyone else below us are at LEAST 2 points from automatic CL...you dont seem to get this crazy linear logic thing do you my little ray of sunshine?

*glances at league again*...yep...still there
No, it's the possible future where things MAY go wrong just like they always do. You know?

Oh sod it. YEAH WE'RE GONNA FINISH 1ST. WE'RE GONNA FINISH TEN POINTS CLEAR AND WIN EVERY GAME THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN EVER.

I'm done. Fuck this.

Don't worry, your first period can often seem scary but it is perfectly natural.

Re: Blackpool Vs Spurs Tonight

bluevengence said:
essexspur said:
the spurs squad is off equal quality to that of man citys squad fella, modric & krancjar are also available tonight that are not on that list, we have had chronic bad luck with injuries this year & yet are still in with a great shout of a top 3 finish,i believe a win tonight & the comeback off a fresh gareth bale in the next week or so,you will find it very difficult to finish above spurs in my opinion,we kicked on this time last year when many up & down the country were waiting for spurs to implode & expected it to happen & it didnt,we have the squad to cope with injuries to important players

BUMP
BEAUTIFUL

Re: Blackpool Vs Spurs Tonight

Rammy Blue said:
Blackpool are desperate for a win so lack of motivation shouldn't be a worry.

yea<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:59 am --<br /><br />thanks blackpool , i hope not the last win over spurs this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.