Blade Runner 2049

I honestly expected Ford to say:
"Chewie, we're back"!
Definitely worth a trip to the cinema mind (maybe iMax).
The original has barely aged at all.

I honestly expected Ford to say:
"Chewie, we're back"!
Definitely worth a trip to the cinema mind (maybe iMax).
The original has barely aged at all.

Agreed. I rewatched the original the other day and I'm impressed at how it still holds up, both visually, technically and pace wise (even though I know its pace is the most common target from ppl that didn't like it). It still is so modern.

Saw the new one this weekend and was a little disappointed, specially given all the praise coming from critics and the internet as a whole.

I found the story a little too pretentious, without a proper backbone to back it up.

KINDA SPOILERY

Some aspects of the story that come later on in the movie I felt were tacked on just for the sake of a plot twist. They weren't explored well enough so, to me, they lost a lot of the weight they were supposed to carry.

Bladerunner is one of my favourite films and I'm not a particularly big Sci Fi fan. Was slightly worried the new one could spoil the legacy of the first one. Needn't have worried it's a brilliant film and I wasn't disappointed in the least. In fact I was intent on just following the plot I'm tempted to go back and see it again just to wallow in the whole cinematography and sound of the film. Only worry is hope they don't try and turn it into some long running franchise because eventually it would disappoint.

Agreed. I rewatched the original the other day and I'm impressed at how it still holds up, both visually, technically and pace wise (even though I know its pace is the most common target from ppl that didn't like it). It still is so modern.

Saw the new one this weekend and was a little disappointed, specially given all the praise coming from critics and the internet as a whole.

I found the story a little too pretentious, without a proper backbone to back it up.

KINDA SPOILERY

Some aspects of the story that come later on in the movie I felt were tacked on just for the sake of a plot twist. They weren't explored well enough so, to me, they lost a lot of the weight they were supposed to carry.

Agree with some of that.
I went in almost making my mind up I would enjoy it (especially going on all the five star reviews0 and the first half hour I really got...then (and I think I was pretty tired and had a beer before I went in) I got a tad...sleepy (just for a few mins) then I picked up again.
Flawed in many aspects like some of the plot...and I think that [SPOILER ALERT] 'special guest appearance' (despite the incredible detail) was perhaps unnecessary...and Robin Wright didn't seem her usual 'House of Cards' self, but then I locked in fully and it does look truly stunning. Bit conscious the original soundtrack composer may have done a better job, but I think Zimmer and Co nailed it (it's barely a soundtrack more a harsh soundscape with a familiar motif). Be interested to hear the original score though.
Still, I think the mark of something very good ('masterpiecey') is the way it indelibly marks you and even now the film sits right under my skin (I want to watch it again...that Odeon at the Great Northern Warehouse are selling tickets for £5 so I might do that).
Wary it's being set up for another (that underground resistance movement thing) but I think it's crashed at the box office (unsurprisingly) and I think any further films would be far more accessible but ultimately watered down and damaging to the this and the original.
Rosling is ace (not sure how...he's just watchable!) and as for his 'hologram'...

Agree with some of that.
I went in almost making my mind up I would enjoy it (especially going on all the five star reviews0 and the first half hour I really got...then (and I think I was pretty tired and had a beer before I went in) I got a tad...sleepy (just for a few mins) then I picked up again.
Flawed in many aspects like some of the plot...and I think that [SPOILER ALERT] 'special guest appearance' (despite the incredible detail) was perhaps unnecessary...and Robin Wright didn't seem her usual 'House of Cards' self, but then I locked in fully and it does look truly stunning. Bit conscious the original soundtrack composer may have done a better job, but I think Zimmer and Co nailed it (it's barely a soundtrack more a harsh soundscape with a familiar motif). Be interested to hear the original score though.
Still, I think the mark of something very good ('masterpiecey') is the way it indelibly marks you and even now the film sits right under my skin (I want to watch it again...that Odeon at the Great Northern Warehouse are selling tickets for £5 so I might do that).
Wary it's being set up for another (that underground resistance movement thing) but I think it's crashed at the box office (unsurprisingly) and I think any further films would be far more accessible but ultimately watered down and damaging to the this and the original.
Rosling is ace (not sure how...he's just watchable!) and as for his 'hologram'...

Oh Joi!

Where can I get me one of those???

Not sure yet...but if you find a conduit that facilitates the purchase of our own ‘Jois’, please let me know!
Until then...close your eyes and make do with Siri/Alexa...

Last edited:
Oh Joi!

Where can I get me one of those???

She was scripted perfectly. Always saying the right thing, always reinforcing k's feelings. I've had girlfriends like that before, the real ones change as soon as they have their feet under the table. They are all as fake as Joi in the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.