Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 15 - Reinvention & Renewal - threespires (pg 327)

RobMCFC

Team supported
Manchester City
Welcome to another new Blue Moon music thread.

The idea for this one was proposed by @Mancitydoogle, and I agreed to set this up and run it along with Mr Doogle and @Coatigan.

Here’s what you need to know:-

The Basics
  • Each week, somebody will come up with a playlist – 5 songs based on a theme
  • Over the first week, members may suggest tracks (maximum one per member per day) to add to the playlist, based on the week’s theme.
  • At the end of the first week, the member who created the initial playlist curates a playlist from all those nominated.
  • This new playlist can be a “best of” 45-minute or so selection, or simply all songs nominated.
  • Everybody can listen to the playlist and comment.
Season 1

Weeks 1-41 - Weekly playlists with a theme.

Season 2

Bi-weekly playlists.

Episode 1 - mancity2012_eamo - The Irish
Episode 2 - bennyboy - Collaborations
Episode 3 - RobMCFC - Animals
Episode 4 - OB1 - Heard That Before
Episode 5 - stoneblue - Places
Episode 6 - threespires - Transport
Episode 7 - Mancitydoogle - Water
Episode 8 - Black&White&BlueMoon Town - Historical Figures
Episode 9 - BimboBob - How Are You Feeling Songs
Episode 10 - Coatigan - Made by the Bass
Episode 11 - Out on blue 6 - The Associated

Episode 12 - BimboBob - Love
Episode 13 - Black&White&BlueMoon Town - Time
Episode 14 - OB1 - Slide on Over
Episode 15 - threespires - Reinvention & Renewal
Episode 16 - RobMCFC

Last edited:
A further suggestion, unless only available on Youtube, can we avoid pasting in 5 youtube links. Simply write the 5 songs out in a post. Might just be me, but I find pages and pages of youtube videos tedious.

A further suggestion, unless only available on Youtube, can we avoid pasting in 5 youtube links. Simply write the 5 songs out in a post. Might just be me, but I find pages and pages of youtube videos tedious.
Mixed feelings about that. Tend to agree but sometimes the videos are well worth a watch and can enhance the experience. Depends on how people choose to listen I suppose

Welcome to another new Blue Moon music thread.

The idea for this one was proposed by @Mancitydoogle, and I agreed to set this up and run it along with Mr Doogle and @Coatigan.

Here’s what you need to know:-

The Basics
  • Each week, somebody will come up with a playlist – no more than 5 songs, no more than 40 minutes.
  • The playlist can have a theme that links the songs, or it can be a random selection.
  • The playlist should also come with an explanation of why the songs were chosen. This can be a brief explanation, a full-blown essay or anything in between.
  • Members can then spend a week listening, commenting and reviewing.
  • There will be no scoring of playlists
  • A new playlist will appear each Monday.

How do I join in?

If you want to join in, everybody is welcome.

If you don’t want to create a playlist but just want to listen and review, that’s no problem.

If you want to create a playlist, just let me know via a comment on this thread. It would be great if we got some members who haven’t yet nominated in the Album Club thread.

If you do create a playlist, it would be appreciated if you hung around and joined in the discussion of everybody else’s playlists.

When do we start?

As Mancitydoogle came up with the idea for this thread, I think that he should be the ceremonial starter in this one and be the first playlist creator.

Hopefully we will have a playlist ready to go for Monday.

I co-ordinate for the first week and throughout November.

Mancitydoogle will run the thread in December and Coatigan in January.
Rob, I'll join in and do a playlist.

I definitely agree with this - it's a right p.i.t.a.

Is it easy to share a Spotify playlist.
I specifically didn't mention a mechanism of how we'd so the playlists, but this is definitely a good option for those on Spotify.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.