Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 16 - Spaced Out - RobMCFC (pg 338)

Great playlist idea, @OB1. Just checking in before hitting the road to the eclipse next week to see what I need to be thinking about. Gonna need some time to mull this over....

Allman Brothers is right up my alley, but I'll be thinking/playing some ideas down the road assuming the missus is also OK with that and a little Ian Hunter thrown in.

I may not make it far! :-)

Allman Bros almost made my 5. Not decided my closing choice; will depend on what others select.

Southern Comfort never gets included in the lists of great soundtracks/scores which I think is remiss. Perhaps it's because the film itself didn't do that much, other than in Iran where they 'rewrote' the script and it was a big hit!

I thought the film was really good but it bombed everywhere (except Iran). Haven’t seen it on TV in a very long time.

I was a big fan of Walter Hill movies. The Warriors, which has some similarities, is one of my favourite movies ever.

Pophets of rage - hail to the chief

Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but would be a shame to omit Tom Morello when it comes to the slide. The 'turntables' scratch and synthy sounds (particularly towards the end) you hear on this is in fact his guitar and sliding all over it. Quite an original sound and style, and imo worthy of including in this theme, if nothing else for awareness' sake. Plus, it's a banger of a tune.

Lots of options here, but like Coatigan, I've gone for something slightly different.

Selecting John Mellencamp may not sound like a different choice, but this effort from his Mr Happy Go Lucky album ifs full of beats and loops and the slide, particularly following each vocal delivery in the second verse, is sublime.

"The Full Catastrophe" - John Mellencamp

I thought the film was really good but it bombed everywhere (except Iran). Haven’t seen it on TV in a very long time.

I was a big fan of Walter Hill movies. The Warriors, which has some similarities, is one of my favourite movies ever.

Yeah Walter Hill films get panned at the time for not being 'realistic' and then a few years later when people accept that was never the point they get reappraised as cult classics. You can buy Southern Comfort on Amazon video but as you say you never see it free to view these days.

Right, I'm bopping off to pick a slide song or two.

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.