Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 17 - Alcohol - Mancitydoogle (pg 344)

Think we will try a more reduced format though, as a few have noted that on average 70 songs a fortnight is a lot to get through or meaningfully take in.

Per Rob's suggestion, lets try:
- whoever sets the theme opens with 5 songs.
- everyone else contributes up to 3 during the first week, still one a day.
- whoever set it can close with a song should they wish to, once they see how the week has gone.
- second week gives time to listen what might end up beind 20-25 songs.

Might force us to be more selective. There may be days when nothing happens, nobody adds anything. Might find ourselves listening to the songs more, giving them more time. I would still encourage discussion and mentioning of other songs we think are pertinent to the theme and chat, as recommendations or comparisons for others to try in their own time. Which has been happening already. They don't get added to the playlist, but are there for anyone interested enough to try for themselves. If it turns out that we miss the volume of it or the routine of a daily rummage through our collections, we can agree to go back to that in another round, but lets give this a meaningful go and see.
Noted on page 295, we may want to index this and the other prior themes on page 1?

Even though I love it, I'll be surprised if the majority don't like it, or at least find something to like within it.

In my humble opinion, JJ Cale may be looking over his shoulder as Foggy storms around the last 100m, but what do I know, eh?
Wow, I’m looking forward to this.

My third choice is a dreamy rock affair with added Thomas Dolby.

Waiting For A Girl Like You - Foreigner

I would not have had you down for that one. You, Mr Bimbo are an enigma.

Thomas Dolby did a fair bit of session work including the synths on Heaven is a Place on Earth by Belinda Carlisle. Beyond that sort of stuff he's had a hell of a career, fingers in so many pies. Production, tech companies, academia and all sorts. There's not that many musicians/pop stars I'd be that bothered about meeting but I reckon he would be a really interesting bloke to sit down with for an hour or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.