Blue Moon Rising TV

We'll not be as big as AFTV either cos we simply don't have the fanbase. That's one thing I've noticed. Whether we like to admit or not, Liverpool and United are well out in front, Arsenal just in behind and Chelsea catching up. We're miles off.

It was very noticeable that BMRTV YouTube videos had far fewer hits than the other big six fan channels and it had nothing to do with the quality of the output, I say that not because it's you but because it's true. I'm a bit of a fan channel nut for my sins and dip in to watch them quite a bit, the big ones are as you say Arsenal Fan TV, FullTimeDevils, Chelsea fans channel and Redmen TV and on a fairly consistent basis their videos get far more views than the likes of BMRTV, though with that said, SpurredOn the Spurs channel seems to have bit the dust, so perhaps the Sky Sports beloved top four of old Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are the only ones able to keep a sustainable fan channel going.

My personal favourite other than BMRTV, in terms of content and structure, is West Ham Fan TV, but maybe we've nailed it right there! You've an image problem, you're neither Nicky "awkins"...

Or the girl off the Chelsea fans channel...

:-)

The Football Republic network, which is owned by Shotglass Media. a digital wing of Fremantle UK, paid your salary while you were at BMRTV I assume. There was a long running thread a while back about whether a fan channel, by the fans for the fans, could be any such thing when it was owned by a production company like Fremantle UK, the company behind The Apprentice, Take Me Out and Britain’s Got Talent.

If you want to see the difference between two hard working knowledgeable lads winging it in front of a camera and how a professional media company operates, one should look no further than the argument between Gary Neville and Arsenal fan TV, it has been milked for all its worth by a professional production company that can spot a rich seam of profitable publicity when it sees it, but for all that, it's a cut throat business model, I don't need to tell you that.

After the fabulous Monaco game Tuesday night and then all Wednesday I kept checking BMRTV, and when no fan videos appeared I knew something was definitely wrong, it made me feel sad, It really did.

I spend too much time railing against the Brexiters in the EU thread for wanting their cake and eating it, so I can't moan about a professional media company buying "authenticity" by funding a fan channel and then moan about them when they stop funding it, but for you it was your job, and your were good at it, it has real world consequences and I wish you the very best of luck.

Last edited:
dont know if this is a case or not, but bar City's recent success, could the case be said that the majority of City's fan base be of the 'older ilk' (i firmly put myself in that category) and if so, those of the 'older ilk' aren't that heavy users of YouTube?

Are fan channels viewed more by kids/teenagers/20somethings as some sort of meaning demographic? And if so, could the numbers of fans on the Scum, Dippers, Chelski and Arseholes fan channels be from young fans that started supporting from those times when they had success?

I'd presume that we are getting a lot more young City fans now and in the coming years those numbers would be more established with the "others".

or is it not a case of that or a case of those that use YouTube regualrly and those that dont.

i'm nearly 40 and just use it do help me fix something i don't know how to, personally.

Glad to see the interviews online after last night's game. Personally I loved BMRTV and used to like Walter's Glass Half Full feature so glad it's still going for the time being.
In relation to how many hits the other channels get (Rags, Arsenal, Chelsea), we all know it's down to plastics around the world who started following a team when the premier league started – and Chelsea prove that just by winning the Champs League you can increase you're plastic fan base by millions... before Abrahmovic they were in a pretty similar position to us as regards fan-base etc., so when you get muppets in the media saying "City will never be as big as...", they show that of course we can be, just takes that first CL trophy.

why has the logo changed to the front end of a Cruise Liner?

Last edited:
i really really miss the channel and have been already liking it since it's slow death started a few weeks ago. twosips has anyone from bmrtv approached the club about funding? I mean YT presence is a must for a club our size and I think they have a bit of money spare, surely they would sponsor you guys in some way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.