Blue Shorts? (+ Image of Kit with white shorts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just what the fuck has happened to football boots?

Not only have studs been replaced by varying shapes of formed plastic, black has been replaces by every conceivable colour (other than any you can buy polish or dubbin for) and now they seem to not even have laces and have uppers that cover the players ankle!

Up until 2 years ago I was refereeing and was expected to wear black boots. It got to the point when conventional black leather boots were almost impossible to find. I remember one game where one of the team captains who was only about 19 or so and after noticing my boots actually claimed he'd only ever seen black football boots previously in old pictures and TV clips!

GeekinGav said:
BlueTG said:
Shirt looks the same as last year but with black trimming instead of white.

Hate this black trimming idea, it looked shite in 2012/13

ffs .....

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw[/video]
Hahaha my bad, quick glance. Still, point kind of stands - darker trimming doesn't look good on these designs.

Not a fan of the blue shorts. I think white and sky blue go together very well. But meh, it's only one season.

Much prefer it with white shorts. I don't think clubs should mess about with home colours, that's what the away kit's for.

Having said that, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it!

DanTheBlue said:
Anyone else think that we should have white shorts?

I mocked up the kit with white shorts below... I think its looks 10x better.

Thats only my opinion... I want to know your thoughts.

dolxjc.jpg
Looks bloody great with white shorts. What a kit that would be!

I love the blue shorts. My favourite kit of all time was the all blue runners-up kit of 76/77 and I loved the title winning one in 2011/12. However, I don't advocate it as permanent, i see it more like a Ford focus RS, aspecial edition that comes out every few years. But you have to say, we do tend to perform well in it.

I don't mind the blue shorts, not enough white on the kit to make up for it though. At least in 11/12 we had that white strip going down the side. Still blue shorts and blue shirts will always make me think of Coventry first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.