Bluemoon Angling Thread

We have but opted against it as my dad wasn't a great traveller in his later years. And, last year, we scattered his ashes at our favourite spot on Lough Erne so can't desert him now.

Ah, that's understandable then.
Pretty sure it was around the Erne system that the blokes i know used to fish it a lot, but after a particularly bad visit around 2009/10 that's when they switched to Holland (around Zwolle/De Koerberg area) and afaik haven't been back.

I also think part of the reason they stopped going Ireland was the place they usually stayed, the old man who owned it passed on, and even though one of his sons took over it wasn't quite the same. I know when they went over there, it was the place and the hospitality that was the main draw, with the fishing a close second, so i was quite surprised when they switched to Holland, and even more so that they haven't really looked to going back to Ireland.

I don't fish but I spoke to the guy who looks after fishing at Pickmere lake (nr Northwich, 5mins from M6 Knutsford junction) and he said it's good fishing and underused.

Also, if you're really old and remember the little fairground that used to be there, you might like this...

Had my first ' experience ' in a tent by the side of Pickmere and I wasn't fishing.......and I didn't catch anything either

I was brought up in Tameside, in the sixties there would only be a few places to fish, and me and my mates would either opt for Stamford park lake, or a train ride and long trek to Roman Lakes in Marple.
I'm retired now and live in a gated complex of just a few detached houses. The house overlooks a lake, an ex fishery. It's stocked with Carp, Tench, Roach, Perch, Chub, Goldfish, Rudd, Golden Orf, Bream and Gudgeon. There is also a river 50 metres away that we have exclusive access too, about 400 metres long which contains Chub, Bream, Eel, Dace, Perch, Barbel, BrownTrout, Sea Trout and Atlantic Salmon. More often than not I'm the only one fishing. Retirement! I have to pinch myself sometimes.

I was brought up in Tameside, in the sixties there would only be a few places to fish, and me and my mates would either opt for Stamford park lake, or a train ride and long trek to Roman Lakes in Marple.
I'm retired now and live in a gated complex of just a few detached houses. The house overlooks a lake, an ex fishery. It's stocked with Carp, Tench, Roach, Perch, Chub, Goldfish, Rudd, Golden Orf, Bream and Gudgeon. There is also a river 50 metres away that we have exclusive access too, about 400 metres long which contains Chub, Bream, Eel, Dace, Perch, Barbel, BrownTrout, Sea Trout and Atlantic Salmon. More often than not I'm the only one fishing. Retirement! I have to pinch myself sometimes.

Obviously not living in Tameside now then ......

After years of effort I finally caught a perch which was pushing 3lb on Saturday from a Yorkshire canal, using an ultralight lure setup.

After years of effort I finally caught a perch which was pushing 3lb on Saturday from a Yorkshire canal, using an ultralight lure setup.
the biggest perch ive caught was about 2 an half pound,i was actually fishing for carp,pulling my line in the perch must of seen the light boilie and went for it,it was a whopper.

been fishing about 6/7 years,i love fishing,working at the airport with the noise and concrete then having a trip out to a deserted field with a hidden pond is heaven peace and quiet aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh ,wish I took it up 30 years ago.

anybody thinking of taking up fishing ??? first purchase get a bigger shed :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.