Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I've lost 4.1 kilos in less than two weeks on the Warrior Diet (not really a diet for me, more a lifestyle change and something I can keep up without feeling like I'm missing out). For those that don't know it's all about intermittent fasting, having only an 8 hour window where you can eat and the other 16 hours is fasting. I knew this would be good for me but I didn't quite expect these results so quickly. The old muscle definition is coming back and despite not eating until 12pm I actually feel a lot more alert and a lot less tired. It's incredible considering I've done zero exercise and eat more or less the same except cutting out bread which I did about 6 weeks ago. I'm just eating now after a 17 and a half hour fast and my body feels like it's ripped! I know this sounds like a fad and a money maker but it's the best thing I've ever done to lose and then maintain the weight whilst keeping muscle definition. Once I join the gym I'm gonna start doing spinning classes in the morning too, now that will be a test!

Edit: Should say I was 103.6 kilos a fortnight ago, today I'm 99.5kg.

Signed up for the 10k so training for that but sturggle with a pain in the outside of my knee and down the right side of my leg, which I think is
Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS)??

So need to get some stretching done really but should be able to squeeze out a 10k either way with a bit of luck

I've lost 4.1 kilos in less than two weeks on the Warrior Diet (not really a diet for me, more a lifestyle change and something I can keep up without feeling like I'm missing out). For those that don't know it's all about intermittent fasting, having only an 8 hour window where you can eat and the other 16 hours is fasting. I knew this would be good for me but I didn't quite expect these results so quickly. The old muscle definition is coming back and despite not eating until 12pm I actually feel a lot more alert and a lot less tired. It's incredible considering I've done zero exercise and eat more or less the same except cutting out bread which I did about 6 weeks ago. I'm just eating now after a 17 and a half hour fast and my body feels like it's ripped! I know this sounds like a fad and a money maker but it's the best thing I've ever done to lose and then maintain the weight whilst keeping muscle definition. Once I join the gym I'm gonna start doing spinning classes in the morning too, now that will be a test!

Edit: Should say I was 103.6 kilos a fortnight ago, today I'm 99.5kg.
I've been doing this all though not as religiously the last few weeksq, I eat between 10-6pm, it's easier than I thought and certainly helps weight loss.

I've been doing this all though not as religiously the last few weeksq, I eat between 10-6pm, it's easier than I thought and certainly helps weight loss.

It's the Spanish lifestyle, that's why I eat so late ;) Even more impressive is I'm up half the night with a ten month old who's a right pain in the arse. Once I'm sleeping 8 hours a night I reckon I could do 18-6 pretty easily. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to eat at 2pm which would be 18 and a half hours fasting. Once I get to 14.5 stone I'll take it a bit easier.

Have you changed your diet or do you eat what you want? Are you doing any exercise?

It's the Spanish lifestyle, that's why I eat so late ;) Even more impressive is I'm up half the night with a ten month old who's a right pain in the arse. Once I'm sleeping 8 hours a night I reckon I could do 18-6 pretty easily. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to eat at 2pm which would be 18 and a half hours fasting. Once I get to 14.5 stone I'll take it a bit easier.

Have you changed your diet or do you eat what you want? Are you doing any exercise?
Do you find you want to eat more for your first meal? I fancy doing this but doesnt it lead you to binge?

Do you find you want to eat more for your first meal? I fancy doing this but doesnt it lead you to binge?

I eat exactly the same as I normally would. Actually it's probably less because I eat three meals in 8 hours I've cut out a lot of snacking in between.

I normally eat porridge with banana and strawberries at 12pm, lunch at 2:30, snack about 5pm and eat dinner at 7-7:30. For me the worst thing about dieting is missing out on eat my favourite things like pizza, burgers, pies etc. I've eaten loads of fast food over this two weeks and done zero exercise and still lost 4 kilos. Now my sister and family have gone back to the UK I will start to eat a bit better again but in my limited experience of it you can pretty much eat what you want as long as it's not too many carbs.

Also, in terms of hunger, I'd say in two weeks there's only been about 2/3 days where I've used the full 8 hour window. Most days I haven't eaten until 12:30 and I'm usually finished by 7:30.

Once you get control of the hunger and you ignore the belly rumbles you start to feel energised and more alert. It's such a strange phenomenon, especially if, like me, you used food to fuel yourself when tired. Trying this will show you that everything you've believed about food and breakfast is a bit of a lie.

I exercise before 10am then have porridge with banana and grapes, eat again around 2pm tuna with baked potatoes then have my tea around 6pm whatever the family is having. We tend to eat lots of chicken, exercise I'm doing 5x5 weights program and a few circuits when I can. I'm getting stronger slowly but I need to actually eat more to gain muscle mass.

I eat exactly the same as I normally would. Actually it's probably less because I eat three meals in 8 hours I've cut out a lot of snacking in between.

I normally eat porridge with banana and strawberries at 12pm, lunch at 2:30, snack about 5pm and eat dinner at 7-7:30. For me the worst thing about dieting is missing out on eat my favourite things like pizza, burgers, pies etc. I've eaten loads of fast food over this two weeks and done zero exercise and still lost 4 kilos. Now my sister and family have gone back to the UK I will start to eat a bit better again but in my limited experience of it you can pretty much eat what you want as long as it's not too many carbs.

Also, in terms of hunger, I'd say in two weeks there's only been about 2/3 days where I've used the full 8 hour window. Most days I haven't eaten until 12:30 and I'm usually finished by 7:30.

Once you get control of the hunger and you ignore the belly rumbles you start to feel energised and more alert. It's such a strange phenomenon, especially if, like me, you used food to fuel yourself when tired. Trying this will show you that everything you've believed about food and breakfast is a bit of a lie.
Cheers for that.

Signed up for the 10k so training for that but sturggle with a pain in the outside of my knee and down the right side of my leg, which I think is
Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS)??

So need to get some stretching done really but should be able to squeeze out a 10k either way with a bit of luck
I did my IT band running and it is a woman of an injury. Took months of stretching and physio before I could run again. Walking was fine but as soon as I started running it just crippled me. There were a lot of specialized stretches as it's all about stretching the tissue that pretty much runs from your hip down the outside of your leg to your shin. I'd tightened it and when I ran it rubbed on the outside of the knee causing the pain. Good luck and hope you have better luck with it than I did.

I did my IT band running and it is a woman of an injury. Took months of stretching and physio before I could run again. Walking was fine but as soon as I started running it just crippled me. There were a lot of specialized stretches as it's all about stretching the tissue that pretty much runs from your hip down the outside of your leg to your shin. I'd tightened it and when I ran it rubbed on the outside of the knee causing the pain. Good luck and hope you have better luck with it than I did.

Hmm sounds a fucker. I had it years ago when running on the treadmill so stopped. I hoped running on roads might be better and they might be because I can run further so far without getting it but still obviously a problem. Better get stretching and keep my fingers crossed on the day I suppose!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.