Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I am looking for a book that takes a scientific approach to fitness and will cover things like:

Best time of day to exercise
How soon before/after eating to exercise
how soon before/after exercise to eat

Essentially, a book on exercise physiology and metabolism that goes into cardio and weights and is easy to read. Any suggests are greatly appreciated

I am looking for a book that takes a scientific approach to fitness and will cover things like:

Essentially, a book on exercise physiology and metabolism that goes into cardio and weights and is easy to read. Any suggests are greatly appreciated
Go back to he start of this thread and spend half an hour reading through it.There is a wealth of information covering most questions and concerns,some of it courtesy of myself.

Going back to Blighty after 2 weeks sun, sea, and scoff, the sex bit went years ago. Although not a brilliant swimmer, I like doing around 50 lengths 3/4 times a week, it keeps the weight down and the feeling of well being lasts until I get to the pub;)
Anyone else like to give it like an Olympic freestyle champion?

Going back to Blighty after 2 weeks sun, sea, and scoff, the sex bit went years ago. Although not a brilliant swimmer, I like doing around 50 lengths 3/4 times a week, it keeps the weight down and the feeling of well being lasts until I get to the pub;)
Anyone else like to give it like an Olympic freestyle champion?

I love a good swim but am also not great - manage to do at least 50 lengths once a week as a minimum. 3 /4 is good going1

Go back to he start of this thread and spend half an hour reading through it.There is a wealth of information covering most questions and concerns,some of it courtesy of myself.

Good stuff, thanks. Just read the first post.
But any book suggestions too because I am looking for some extended reading

Highly recommend the book that was recommends to me on here, Mike Matthews' Bigger, Leaner, Stronger, he references many studies and just talks common sense, as well as giving personal examples of where he went wrong for years. For every question you raise there are several different scientifically backed opinions, but from my experience a lot of it will come down to the individual and their own specific physical & genetic make up, as well as your lifestyle and who time allows.

For me, a cardio/HIIT type workout first thing whilst fasted works very well for reducing weight, and mentally makes sure I am not going to mess up that day if I get off on the right foot. But if I want to lift towards my limits then i need carbs 30-60 mins before or it just isn't happening at 6am. Another example, some say protein before and after, others say just after but within 30 mins max to get the best benefits, interesting to read the studies and opinions but ultimately the basics like controlling diet and form always remain true regardless of the pills, shakes and reps.

Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006XF5BTG?aaxitk=Ky83.mfB5tI2nYVi7.VtSA

Anyone here use MuscleFood or equivalent?

I am just wondering how people found the quality and price in comparison of their produce to a supermarket like Lidl/Aldi.

Last edited:
Anyone here use MyProtein or equivalent?

I am just wondering how people found the quality and price in comparison to a supermarket like Lidl/Aldi.

I find bulk powders good quality and MILES cheaper than from the supermarket.

http://referme.to/0b8b22o

Link for 25% off (and a shameless £10 for me) Seriously though, I wouldn't tell you about them if I wasn't happy to use them myself

I find bulk powders good quality and MILES cheaper than from the supermarket.

http://referme.to/0b8b22o

Link for 25% off (and a shameless £10 for me) Seriously though, I wouldn't tell you about them if I wasn't happy to use them myself
Sorry mate I had a shocker, I meant to say MuscleFood, i was asking for the quality comparison with regards to chicken etc. Sorry for the mix up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.