Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I got a Fitbit device for Christmas and have been using it since Boxing Day. I bust my left ankle some years back and find running painful, so its all about walking for me.

So far I've lost 5.2kgs in exactly 1 month, and I feel a lot better. My resting heart rate has dropped from 68 to 61 in just over 4 weeks. I am now watching what I eat more, but I am still consuming 2.2-2.5K cals per day so it doesn't really feel like a diet TBH. On average, I am using around 4,000 cals per day through walking, so its a 1,500 or so daily calorie deficit. The only time I sometimes feel hungry is just before bedtime, but I am determined to resist the temptation to eat anything.

There's a fair way still to go, but so far these are results are more than I was hoping for.

Do you think cycling would help with Marathon training? I'm finding it hard getting out but would prefer cycling at this time of year!
I think if you are doing a marathon then its mainly long hard miles on the road running that will get you ready, but im not an expert so could be wrong. I am always the same this time of year, motivation on its arse and weather crap, so hardly do anything. If its a choice of running or bike for you, id say run, but if its bike or nothing then get out on your bike.

Got a question for the endurance training guys on here.

I’m in training for manchester marathon, been putting the miles in so no issues in that regard however, I can’t stop having to blast snot out every few minutes or so, I’d say it’s time of year if it just started but been running since last March and at it all through the summer, was the same when I cycled to work all the time.
Anyone know what causes this, it’s constant and beginning to drive me mad.

Do you think cycling would help with Marathon training? I'm finding it hard getting out but would prefer cycling at this time of year!

The cycling will help for any hills you’ll encounter, I’m pissing the rest of the group I run with as I fly up hills compared to them but I put it down to lots of cycling in the past, work in Macclesfield and used to cycle there from north manchester quite a lot, strengthens the thighs.

Heads up, myprotein has 40% of whey protein products today, and an additional 20% off with the code '20SAVE'

Sorry for the bump.

I’m on week four of the Insanity program, and have noticed some subtle physical improvements thus far.

However, my resting HR has dropped to 65bpm and my blood pressure is 96/54.

Should I be concerned at all by this?

It’s perhaps worth noting that I take medication for ADHD that ordinarily increases my blood pressure. And I’ve also been struggling quite a bit with brain fog for much of the day after working out.

Whilst I want to be fit and healthy, it’s quite disconcerting to think it might actually be damaging my health.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry for the bump.

I’m on week four of the Insanity program, and have noticed some subtle physical improvements thus far.

However, my resting HR has dropped to 65bpm and my blood pressure is 96/54.

Should I be concerned at all by this?

It’s perhaps worth noting that I take medication for ADHD that ordinarily increases my blood pressure. And I’ve also been struggling quite a bit with brain fog for much of the day after working out.

Whilst I want to be fit and healthy, it’s quite disconcerting to think it might actually be damaging my health.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
That’s very low - unless you’re pregnant.

How much water are you drinking mate, insanity is hard you need to hydrate properly

At least two litres a day.

My BP readings fluctuate a bit but the bottom figure is always below 60, which is a bit of a concern.

I may have to contact my GP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.