Bluemoon forum freezing my laptop.

80s Shorts

Quite often the forum has started freezing my laptop. Microsoft security Essentials keeps asking for permission to send information about the website to Microsoft.

The forum has not performed as well as it used to and I figured it was all the popups and ads.

Anybody else experiencing problems ?

All other sites seem ok.

It happens to me occasionally and it's usually an ad that is failing to load.

Which browser are you using?

I use Firefox and Adobe Shockwave (a plugin for the browser) often fails which causes my browser to freeze.

At home it's usually okay but it's always the slowest site I go on. At work I get a stack overflow message every time I look in even to browse topics. This freezes everything so I have to shut down. Don't read at work anymore!!

dobobobo said:

I use Firefox and Adobe Shockwave (a plugin for the browser) often fails which causes my browser to freeze.

Same issue for me but this thread would be better in the technical section lads n lasses :-)

dobobobo said:

This is the answer by the way. A misconfiguration on your system is causing your browser to freeze or slow down. Often this is the advertisements and you need to PM Ric and tell him which ones so we can get rid of them.

We don't serve any content that will slow down your browser, and none that could crash it. It's all just HTML, images and some very light JavaScript coming from us

Also in the technical queries forum everytime i try to post something it never appears on screen.

rodders1973 said:
Also in the technical queries forum everytime i try to post something it never appears on screen.
But this is the first time you've posted in the Technical forum...

...ahh, that would be your point possibly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.