Blues Away Fans - here's to you

Bollocks.

We're no better or worse than most. Sometimes brilliant sometimes shite.

We were brilliant at Stoke, OT, Leicester, West Brom, Hull.
We were a bit quite at Anfield, but so were they.
Pretty good at West Ham and Palace.

(From your post I'm guessing you are a young bloke with a whippet who reads the Daily Mirror, always votes Labour (because your Dad and Grandad did), thinks all Tories are scum, and has an outside toilet (where you keep the coal). Am I correct?)
Bang on, mate

I'm not to sure about that tbh. What I am sure of though, is that it would increase the demand for tickets to the less attractive games (which can only be a good thing long term) and it rewards people for doing the hard yards. I think the points system we have is really good in some ways, at the end of the day someone with 2,000 points can't begrudge someone with 8,000 points getting a ticket ahead of them. Doesn't mean it can't be tweaked and improved though.

I don't think anyone would decide to go to an awkward away game purely because it offered extra loyalty points.

The club did actually try this about 5 years ago with low-demand cup games, offering 50 points for some. I think they were all home games, though, where I guess there might be more of an impact.

I'm not to sure about that tbh. What I am sure of though, is that it would increase the demand for tickets to the less attractive games (which can only be a good thing long term) and it rewards people for doing the hard yards. I think the points system we have is really good in some ways, at the end of the day someone with 2,000 points can't begrudge someone with 8,000 points getting a ticket ahead of them. Doesn't mean it can't be tweaked and improved though.
Yeah I agree with most of that. I guess my point is that West Ham wouldn't have gone down to open sale if 50 points were up for grabs (especially at those prices). So an unintended consequence of a well-meaning incentive could be that it becomes even harder for those on lower points to climb up the ladder.

It's been said loads of times on here before but I think the only tweak the loyalty points system really needs is for it to be based on a rolling 5 or 10 year period. And for the platinum nonsense to be fucked off.

I don't think anyone would decide to go to an awkward away game purely because it offered extra loyalty points.

The club did actually try this about 5 years ago with low-demand cup games, offering 50 points for some. I think they were all home games, though, where I guess there might be more of an impact.

I think you're right. It might slightly influence some people and encourage them to go to a game they otherwise wouldn't (which would be best case scenario). Worst case scenario it wouldn't, but then the people who do go get a better reward anyway so it's win/win.

Home games are a completely different ball game. The first thing I'd do (if I was in charge) would be to add points only when a season card is swiped through the turnstiles (rewarding people who actually turn up). I'd also implement a load of card scanning machines on the concourse and on the campus that become active when gates open, then go offline 30 minutes before kick off and again after the final whistle. If you scan your season ticket/cityzens card you get bonus points or something, maybe a free drink the next game etc. That would reward people who get in the ground early as well as those of us who stay to the end. The club could do loads to fill the ground for cup games - cheap tickets are a good start, but how about free public transport as well? If public travel costs £5 on average, they'd still make £15 from a £20 ticket. For a club that thinks it's really innovative with it's fan engagement we don't actually do that much different to every other English club. We have a good relationship with the council and would easily speak to TFGM to get a good deal on public transport (like German clubs do) - but they don't, because all the club actually care about is how much money they can make from us.

Our away fans are probably the worst in the league in terms of noise created. Not really surprising considering it's a bunch of middle aged, middle class men taking a majority of our allocation.
I couldn't disagree more.

I got given tickets in the Everton end when they played against United at Old Trafford last season. In the entire game they sang once. Other than that they spent the whole time slagging of Roberto Martinez and a few of their players (they only lost 1-0 and were quite close to getting a result!!).

I've seen some clubs come to our ground and do nothing.

The nature of English football now is that most clubs 'can' be great on any given day, but more often then not it's quiet.

Mate, trust me, I'm not one to slag off our away support for the sake of it, I'm just reporting what happened to me on Friday night. And the two separate knobheads in question were "on a mission" to cause mither to fellow Blues. Simple as that..

Whats this hunt the knobhead game you refer to? Sounds a right barrel of laughs that..

Read the threads on here after away games. You will get the jist

Do not understand how anybody can criticise our away support for lack of atmosphere.
Honestly cannot think of one away day I have been to that has been poor at the start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.