Bobby Duncan

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by FantasyIreland, 20 Apr 2016.

1. Clercqs

Clercqs

I just read "We are delighted to announce the signing of Man City and England striker Bobby Duncan" and almost shat myself.

2. domalino

domalino

I'd rather they were with a reputable agency than have a family member represent them. Whenever we seem to have trouble, particularly with the kids, the parents are involved.

Triple S also represent Angus Gunn and Toni Duggan, so the club is pretty familiar with them, and I don't recall either of those giving us grief.

3. twosips

twosips

Agreed. Parents and family are usually terrible at these things.

4. Jacob Smith

Jacob Smith

Might be late to the party but why did he leave?

5. asaluttar

asaluttar

I would guess because we never ever give our youth a chance?

6. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

Maybe you should tell Foden, Diaz, Tosin, Nmecha, Dale Bashirhu and possibly Zinchenko

7. asaluttar

asaluttar

Zinchenko yes, and he is the template, sadly for foden he was injured just when he might have got some starts.

But that's still not enough, and even more so if you look back in mid 2017 when we lost Sancho as well. Our policy going back to the few years previous 2017 was pretty pathetic unfortunately, especially when you consider we used to be pretty decent until 2009ish (Swp, Sturridge, Michael Johnson, Ireland, Micah Richards)

8. BXLBlue

BXLBlue

I agree that since we got good, not many young players have been given a chance (until this season). Don't think that is why Duncan is leaving though - he's a dyed in the wool Liverpudlian, but Liverpool's set up to age 16 is not as good as ours. Was always a bit surprising that Gerrard's cousin was on our books tbh.

9. Jacob Smith

Jacob Smith

He hasn’t gone there though, has he? Free agent I believe. Seems a weird one.

10. BXLBlue

BXLBlue

I think he is still officially our player, just hasn't played a game all season (except internationals). He turns 17 in June so he can sign for whoever he likes then. Bit weird that he has basically written off a year of his career just to force a move, if that is indeed the case.