Bobby is playing a blinder

berryblue said:
Mancini: "we have two difficult games, United have two easy games". Swansea & Sunderland will be thinking, "Don't think so". Mancini - 'BRILLIANT'

Did you see Brendan Rodgers reaction on MOTD after Mancini had said that? He was fuming and will be out to prove a point. Very clever by Mancini!

rickmcfc said:
berryblue said:
Mancini: "we have two difficult games, United have two easy games". Swansea & Sunderland will be thinking, "Don't think so". Mancini - 'BRILLIANT'

Did you see Brendan Rodgers reaction on MOTD after Mancini had said that? He was fuming and will be out to prove a point. Very clever by Mancini!

Bob doesn't really give a fuck about Brendan Rodgers or Martin O'Neill, his message is being sent to the players of both those sides, implying that they are all shit will wind them up and make sure they go out and give 100%.

"Roberto only has to assess the games he has had against us," the Northern Irishman continued.

"For an hour we were the better team up there, and in the second game we kept a clean sheet and won.

"So probably if anyone knows our qualities it is Roberto, and he has reinforced that before.

"I will not lose sleep over it. We will go to Manchester United and look to put on a performance as always, but for the moment our focus is on Wolves."

-Brendan

Congrats Roberto. It worked!

rickmcfc said:

Wasn't it a similar statement from Ferguson that set Keegan off all those years ago?

Hilarious if it comes back around and fucks the old soak. Hoist with his own petard and all that...

Mancini is indeed playing a blinder and we should all be loving it! Personally never seen anything like this from a City manager before (not in my lifetime... where have I heard that before? ;-) - long may he reign over us!

rickmcfc said:
berryblue said:

I watched that MOTD and from what I remember Rodgers was hardly 'fuming'. I'd say he almost found it funny. Brendan is an intelligent bloke and he knows exactly what Mancini is doing. Mancini's comments are much more likely to effect some of the Swansea players than their manager. In fact I reckon, even though he knows it was tongue in cheek, Rodgers will use Mancini's comment to help motivate his players.

rickmcfc said:
berryblue said:

If he's that angry about it he could always wreak terrible revenge and pick his reserves.

Imagine the interview after:

'so brendan, what do you think mr Mancini makes of the 6-0 thrashing your kids have just had?'

'well it doesn't affect him because it was an eAsy game for united anyway. I thought I'd try some players as we were always going to lose'

alky313 said:
"Roberto only has to assess the games he has had against us," the Northern Irishman continued.

"For an hour we were the better team up there, and in the second game we kept a clean sheet and won.

"So probably if anyone knows our qualities it is Roberto, and he has reinforced that before.

"I will not lose sleep over it. We will go to Manchester United and look to put on a performance as always, but for the moment our focus is on Wolves."

-Brendan

Congrats Roberto. It worked!

Is he really refering to the first game of the season as a game they were the better team in for an hour ?

I wasn't aware that passing the ball inside you own half unopposed made you the better side ?

but then again what do i know.

Didsbury Dave said:
rickmcfc said:
berryblue said:

If he's that angry about it he could always wreak terrible revenge and pick his reserves.

Imagine the interview after:

'so brendan, what do you think mr Mancini makes of the 6-0 thrashing your kids have just had?'

'well it doesn't affect him because it was an eAsy game for united anyway. I thought I'd try some players as we were always going to lose'

You are really just an idiot Dave. Please shut up.

jamielowndes said:
Hes playing mindgames by essentially refusing to play mind games. He is letting everyone else do the overthinking. He won Serie A 3 times in a row. The man knows what he is doing.

^This

What I find funny is when the British media refer to RM as an Amateur because he hasn't won the league over here.... I think it would be harder to win Serie A over the Prem based purely on the competitiveness of other teams around them, whereas the Rags have been so influenced by Murdoch Money that they have managed to maintain a dominance.
As shown when the likes of Chelsea got a few quid - yes Fergie struggled to win titles, same with Walker and Blackburn.

I honestly don't think Fergiscum would win a Serie A title if he went over there.... Unless heavily funded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.