Boooom

If madrid get a bid accepted for alaba could we match it coz Munich were selling anyway ie, not pinching players. Fernandinho right back alaba left back in this new system. That for me would be a boom moment.

Listening to "The Football Show" on Sirius XM on the way to work and Charlie Stillitano just said that he was informed that City was very close to triggering Messi's release clause this summer. Certainly that had to be the "Boooom" the op was talking about.

While Messi is clearly the world's best right now, that would have been a ton of money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were close to triggering it, what does that mean? His release clause is £250m, so we offered £240m.. Or we offered the full fee but backed out..

The way it was presented on the show is that we were close to offering the full amount thus triggering the release clause, but evidently we ultimately decided against it. They then went on to say that it would have been worth it, regardless of the fee involved, to get Messi.

Last edited by a moderator:
If madrid get a bid accepted for alaba could we match it coz Munich were selling anyway ie, not pinching players. Fernandinho right back alaba left back in this new system. That for me would be a boom moment.

I've been thinking the same thing over the last few days. The way we have set up in the last 2 games is absolutely tailor made for Alaba. He'd be the perfect signing for us. Can't see it happening though, unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.