Boro away in cup Saturday 11th March 12-15 ko.

There ARE 2 UCL fixtures on the 8th March: -

Barcelona v Paris Saint Germain
Borussia Dortmund v Benfica

Both have 19.45 KO times.

Seems like we're allowed a PL game on the same night if the CL games don't involve English clubs.

Looks as though they're moving the goalposts again!

(Edit: Sorry, urban genie - both replying at the same time!)

There ARE 2 UCL fixtures on the 8th March: -

Barcelona v Paris Saint Germain
Borussia Dortmund v Benfica

Both have 19.45 KO times.

Seems like we're allowed a PL game on the same night if the CL games don't involve English clubs.

Looks as though they're moving the goalposts again!

(Edit: Sorry, urban genie - both replying at the same time!)

Aye but you explained it better than me tbh.
Apparently permission needs to be sought arsenal v hull in the cup last year was allowed after the fa asked permission, you can play if you want anytime without permission but uefa fine the domestic fa for doing so, that's why it's rare

Sorry to derail the thread and going on about Stoke sligh but everyone is saying 'Probably allowed', my point is that City told everyone and sold tickets for Huddersfield stating it was Tuesday night ..... then.... they changed it by a day. City (and Stoke it seems) are saying 8pm BUT is it just another mistake ? I am sure the rule still applies, BT will have a right moan about a reduced armchair audience, Uefa wil enforce the rules and City will have egg on their faces ?

I am just saying dont book travel until it is definate.

Sorry to derail the thread and going on about Stoke sligh but everyone is saying 'Probably allowed', my point is that City told everyone and sold tickets for Huddersfield stating it was Tuesday night ..... then.... they changed it by a day. City (and Stoke it seems) are saying 8pm BUT is it just another mistake ? I am sure the rule still applies, BT will have a right moan about a reduced armchair audience, Uefa wil enforce the rules and City will have egg on their faces ?

I am just saying dont book travel until it is definate.

It wasn't City who changed it to Wednesday though. As soon as the Sutton/Arsenal game finished, it was BBC who changed it to Wednesday because they wanted our game on the TV.

It wasn't City who changed it to Wednesday though. As soon as the Sutton/Arsenal game finished, it was BBC who changed it to Wednesday because they wanted our game on the TV.
Had the Sutton v Arsenal game gone to a replay, then the Beeb would have screened that replay on the Wednesday night.

Would BT Sport have in turn then earned the rights to show us v Huddersfield the night before? However, as said above, this would conflict with their coverage of the CL games, in particular Arsenal v Bayern?

It could have been worse but it’s not ideal.

The FA wonder why their trophy is losing it’s attraction. If they stopped fucking around with kick off times and draw times, maybe fans would buy back into it.

Every time the kick off is a pain in the arse for match going fans (ie Friday night is popular with some, but for many it’s an inconvenience) those fans lose a little bit of interest in the competition.

When a Semi between two northern clubs is at Wembley, fans lose a tiny bit of interest in the competition.

When the final is a stupid kick off time and fans have no public transport to get home, they lose a small bit of interest in the competition.

Those pieces add up over time. I was delighted when we got Huddersfield at 3pm, I wanted it to be like old times, but you know what, it was great going back to a ground we haven’t been to for a while but the magic of the FA Cup was nothing to do with it.

The FA have continually eroded the competition over time. I’ll wait to see if we get past Huddersfield before deciding whether to bother with ‘Boro or not, but I’m seriously considering dropping the FA Cup scheme next season – and no, I won’t moan about not getting a ticket for the semi’s or final if we get there – look at this seasons possible line up, do I really want to be in London for a 5pm kick off against Spuds / Millwall / Arsenal / Rags /Chelsea where the majority of fans have been on the piss all day?

So, your team gets knocked out. Do you watch the games from the next round on ‘telly? Not when there’s no magic left you don’t.

I’ve never been more excited watching City but the way they fuck the fans in the FA Cup is killing it.
Too true mate.

Had the Sutton v Arsenal game gone to a replay, then the Beeb would have screened that replay on the Wednesday night.

Would BT Sport have in turn then earned the rights to show us v Huddersfield the night before? However, as said above, this would conflict with their coverage of the CL games, in particular Arsenal v Bayern?
There are no champions league games next week. Would have been harsh for Arsenal playing a replay on Tuesday and then Bayern on Wednesday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.