Borussia Monchengladbach away - where to stay?

M18CTID

I didn't do this fixture last year but going this time round. Flying to Dusseldorf and I know Duss is only a short train ride away from Gladbach itself but I've stayed in Dusseldorf previously for our games against Schalke and Dortmund so fancy a bit of a change and looking at staying in Gladbach instead.

I can see that there aren't many options for hotels but more importantly I could do with knowing the situation regarding watering holes. Question for those that went last year is what was it like getting a drink in the town centre afterwards - do any of the pubs and bars stay open until the early hours? I don't want to stay somewhere that shuts down by midnight and you can't get a pint anywhere - fuck that! Pretty sure that a few on here said there were a couple of places that stayed open late and it was a good craic but could do with knowing for sure.

Last year coming out by the time you got into Gladbach itself (good 20 or so minute bus ride) most just heading back to Dusseldorf. Pretty sure main bar right opposite station was open where people were before the game. Problem is how many will be in them not whether they will be open I would have thought. Remember going back to Dusseldorf to a club playing Oasis at stupid o'clock with smoke machines which was rammed with city fans. Can imagine more staying in Gladbach with the collection likely to be there.

Plenty of cheap hotels in Dusseldorf (especially round the station) few Irish bars in the Altstadt, know Terry and Damo in McLaughlin's are welcoming of Blues (well anyone who'll spend beer tokens in there)

Ok, cheers everyone. Looks like Duss then. Just fancied a change. Think I'll book a room in both places with free cancellation and if the ticket pick-up point is in Gladbach I might still plump for that

I booked the " alt dusseldorf " hotel today, have stayed there a couple of times. Got it for €49 a night for a single. It's right in the centre of old town. Was full of blues last time

Ok, cheers everyone. Looks like Duss then. Just fancied a change. Think I'll book a room in both places with free cancellation and if the ticket pick-up point is in Gladbach I might still plump for that

Staying at the Lenardo in Gladbach

Twin room so 40 euros per person per night but hotel has good facilities

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.