Bouncer punches woman who tried to punch him

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jimharri, 19 Apr 2017.

1. SWP's back

SWP's back

And he open hand slapped her which probably woke her up but wasn't enough to knock a drunk woman in high heels over. That's about as proportional as one can get.

2. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    bet her kitchen is in a state too............ and her fella hasn't got an ironed shirt for work tomorrow - disgraceful

3. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen a bouncer do. I'd be surprised if he was charged with anything, and I'd be surprised if she wasn't. It's clearly an instinctive reaction. But simply defending yourself and getting out of the way of an attack is the proportional response in my view. Easy to say that after the fact, of course. And like I said, I've seen too many bouncers who are in the job because they enjoy hitting people. You also wonder what was said before it got to that stage. Is he attempting to diffuse the situation? We can't tell from such a short video.

4. pudge

pudge

All this supposition about the bouncer having training and restraint, is it not also fair then to suppose the woman had been brought up and raised not to be a violent drunkard?

5. christen at St Marks

christen at St Marks

He has to be aware of somebody coming in from another direction, so nobody knows the full extent of his or her situation.

6. Pablo1

Pablo1

If it was Mathew Street and she was a scouser I'd say probably not.

7. maccieblue

maccieblue

so if the video was of a member of gmp's finest officers punching someone (male/female /transgender ) that would be ok would it

8. Danamy

Danamy

Oh please spare me the rant

We all know exactly what was going on between you both, it's just a continuation from the thread the other night, I'm just finding it all a bit tiresome now but hey ho that's me, others may find it entertaining but i don't?

As a Mod all i could see was the thread spiraling into two posters having a dig at each other like the other night and that normally stops others posting on the thread as they don't want to get involved in all the bitching.

If you think I've over modded the situation or feel as though someone is being xenophobic then report it or take it up with Ric.

9. domalino

domalino

I wonder which news story they'll get into an argument over next week...

10. better dead than red

better dead than red

What part of American policing do you have experience with other than YouTube videos?