• Draw

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect to see Mendy until the Liverpool game, he only started his pre-season training last week. You never know with Pep but I expect something like this
Ederson
Komps Stones Oto
Fern
Sane KDB Bernardo Danilo
Raz
Jesus

surely mendy needs a run out before the Liverpool game?

Ottomendi _ now been cloned _ so now we have 3 players Otto _Mendi _ Mendy . Hopefully one can play LB.

Ottomendi _ now been cloned _ so now we have 3 players Otto _Mendi _ Mendy . Hopefully one can play LB.
ottotm.gif

please four at the back

.....................Ederson...................

Danilo.......Kompany.......Otamendi...........Mendy

...........................Yaya........................

Sterling.........KDB.................Silva..............Silva

............................Sergio.......................

Why are people selecting dinho in their teams? He's utter wank these days.
Not sure either. He is obviously there for his energy levels but he is nowhere near as good as Yaya at linking defence with attack. People often claim that Yaya is too slow in the build up but they overlook the clever manner in which he opens up space and he often does this by shielding the ball and creating a better angle. Dinho releases the pass quickly and usually accurately but is very one dimensional and little normally results.

I understand that out attack will be fluid with players drifting all over the place but even so, the starting position of the players does make a big difference to how they will play. If we use sane and sterling on the other flanks than they can cut in to score and create in a more efficient way because we have fullbacks who can cross. An easy way to see my point is would you play Robben or Messi as a LW or Neymar as RW? Nobody would even consider is because you intrinsically weaken their goal scoring ability.
I think we might need a more structured approach. Fluidity is all well and good but to be successful you require extremely talented players who rarely if ever give the ball away otherwise you are very vulnerable to the counter. When people are in set positions they know where they should be or get to when an attack breaks down. Our defense seems to be based on space rather than position and I think that resulted in the poor defending for the first goal the other night. It started with Sane wrongly assuming a city player occupied the space he flicked the ball into and continued with Kompany and Stones defending space rather than covering oponents. Finally Dinho was occupying space and not observing the presence of WOOOney who he allowed drift in on goal. I believe we are a long way short of perfecting the system to the level required to be sucessful. This may come later this season, next season or never.

Fernandinho has been great for us over the years, but probably agree he's not quite up to the standard required to be a first 11 player for us any more. Probably the most frustrating thing for me is his movement after he makes a pass, feel like too often he holds his position rather than making a new angle to receive the ball again. Guessing it'll be his last season with us.

Wouldn't call him utter wank though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.