• Draw

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats exactly the same formation as mine,so how can one make sense and not the other?
The point I made about yours was about thr position of sane and sterling as wingers. The other post had b silva and sterling as inverted wingers which makes sense with fullbacks who will overlap and cross. If you have overlapping fullbacks than classical wingers seems redundant imo.

The point I made about yours was about thr position of sane and sterling as wingers. The other post had b silva and sterling as inverted wingers which makes sense with fullbacks who will overlap and cross. If you have overlapping fullbacks than classical wingers seems redundant imo.
Sane and Sterling are inverted wingers in mine,whats the difference?

Sane and Sterling are inverted wingers in mine,whats the difference?
Perhaps our definitions on an inverted winger are not the same. To me an inverted winger is someone who cuts in on their preferred foot, basically meaning a left footed player on the right and right footed player on the left. Last season Sane and Sterling played as classical wingers by which i mean the left footed sane on LW and right footed sterling on RW. Their main goal threat was sending crosses to the center as we saw sane do alot laat season. Inverted wingers are MUCH bigger goal threats as they usually drift inside alot and allow the fullback to send crosses in their stead

In fact if you swapped sane and sterling in your line up i would have liked it too
Lol,i think youre overthinking things......the beauty of our front 6 is that they can pretty much swap and change about at will,popping up anywhere.

Lol,i think youre overthinking things......the beauty of our front 6 is that they can pretty much swap and change about at will,popping up anywhere.
I understand that out attack will be fluid with players drifting all over the place but even so, the starting position of the players does make a big difference to how they will play. If we use sane and sterling on the other flanks than they can cut in to score and create in a more efficient way because we have fullbacks who can cross. An easy way to see my point is would you play Robben or Messi as a LW or Neymar as RW? Nobody would even consider is because you intrinsically weaken their goal scoring ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.