Bournemouth away, 1,272 tickets starting at 22k

I've only got about 8,000 points so accept that I can't get a ticket to the game. However, there are still plenty of tickets available in the city end if you are willing to pay £175 each. Quick google search and ticket companies are selling them. Where do they get the tickets from?

Harrogate supporters club.

Thanks Johnny and that was a great effort for the Derby in 1992.

I haven't got an issue with transparency. Regarding Supoorters Clubs, I am one of the 99 percent of SC members who hasn't got a ticket for Bournemouth. The figures I gave were just based on what another guy posted following the AGM (I wasn't there myself). There are about 20.000 SC members and 200 got a ticket is what I read. That said, many members have high ticket points and I've just fallen short this time.

Just for information on SCs, there were very high profile games at Wembley and the Etihad last season when we were out of the title race. The press were rubbing our noses in it about poor sales and the media were going to get worse. I don't want to say too much cos I know journos read this site and the rags try to make hay on this issue. Just to say that's SCs were asked to sell extra tickets and did the job. For every Bournemouth there is a trip to Boro etc.

Supporters Clubs do a brilliant job and I was a member of the City Centre Branch when I lived on Shudehill. We had some cracking nights, cracking guests. I never needed to use them to get tickets though, I was always ready to queue (Jesus, remember THAT?) and I had the requisite "regular" season ticket. I've seen the various comments about SCs - my gripe is if SC members are getting tickets ahead of those who want them and have higher points. I'm guessing, if a branch applies for say 10 Bournemouth tickets, the club will send them and will never know if the people who attend the fixture have 0 or 19k points? Or does it work differently? Maybe some branches only give tickets to those with the highest points.

If, as has been posted, people are getting further away from qualifying, despite narrowing the points gap, what's the incentive to attend the Swansea league cups, the Boro Sundays etc?

There's never been a perfect system, some will always be pissed off. But the current system can be improved. Transparency would be a great start.

I queued for over 24hrs in 1992 for one of the 300 / 400 tickets we got in that season's away derby. It was a fucking shambles then, it's a shambles now. In those days I never, ever missed a game, home or away. But I knew that, as a "regular" season card holder, I was pretty much guaranteed a ticket (provided I sat underneath the Main stand roof all night). I, as well as a few other blues (Electric Blue's Noel amongst them) made the MEN the following day - we were incensed at our treatment. Plus ca change.

It's not the size of allocation for me - I hear what you say re Celtic, but I think most Prem games would be a straightforward 10/15% allocation, it's the absolute lack of transparency. You say supporters' clubs got 200 tickets. Why isn't that confirmed by the club with an actual breakdown of who got what? If I'm sat on 18.5k points and I see Linfield/Cheadle/Yorkshire have been given XY and Z tickets and that any of their members can get one, not people on 18.5k points, I've a right to be well and truly pissed off.

Tunnel club / Joe's / Corporate - yes, they get 1st dibs, but let's know how many. And in what order..tunnel 1st etc. An exact breakdown. It won't happen, it'll be considered commercially sensitive. But it smacks of City pissing on their mancunian chips.

How could you tell Noel was unhappy with his treatment,he was a sourfaced fucker all the time?

I queued for over 24hrs in 1992 for one of the 300 / 400 tickets we got in that season's away derby. It was a fucking shambles then, it's a shambles now. In those days I never, ever missed a game, home or away. But I knew that, as a "regular" season card holder, I was pretty much guaranteed a ticket (provided I sat underneath the Main stand roof all night). I, as well as a few other blues (Electric Blue's Noel amongst them) made the MEN the following day - we were incensed at our treatment. Plus ca change.

It's not the size of allocation for me - I hear what you say re Celtic, but I think most Prem games would be a straightforward 10/15% allocation, it's the absolute lack of transparency. You say supporters' clubs got 200 tickets. Why isn't that confirmed by the club with an actual breakdown of who got what? If I'm sat on 18.5k points and I see Linfield/Cheadle/Yorkshire have been given XY and Z tickets and that any of their members can get one, not people on 18.5k points, I've a right to be well and truly pissed off.

Tunnel club / Joe's / Corporate - yes, they get 1st dibs, but let's know how many. And in what order..tunnel 1st etc. An exact breakdown. It won't happen, it'll be considered commercially sensitive. But it smacks of City pissing on their mancunian chips.

Wind forward seven years to the Wigan play off semi final and nothing changed.

Ticket allocation 1300 and the tickets went on sale at 5pm with people queueing from the early hours.

To those queueing the club dished out raffle tickets and naturally to those who received a raffle ticket it was presumed enough tickets were available to cover those queueing. Instead 100s missed out who had been waiting for hours.

Its been a shambles for years and there should be more transparency.

Thanks Johnny and that was a great effort for the Derby in 1992.

I haven't got an issue with transparency. Regarding Supoorters Clubs, I am one of the 99 percent of SC members who hasn't got a ticket for Bournemouth. The figures I gave were just based on what another guy posted following the AGM (I wasn't there myself). There are about 20.000 SC members and 200 got a ticket is what I read. That said, many members have high ticket points and I've just fallen short this time.

Just for information on SCs, there were very high profile games at Wembley and the Etihad last season when we were out of the title race. The press were rubbing our noses in it about poor sales and the media were going to get worse. I don't want to say too much cos I know journos read this site and the rags try to make hay on this issue. Just to say that's SCs were asked to sell extra tickets and did the job. For every Bournemouth there is a trip to Boro etc.

Thats right Southampton away was another example over the past couple of years. Often the local supporters clubs picks up the slack.

There is no perfect system now to be honest. SCs get a lot of criticism but what value loyalty points when for years some fans, not criticising them, have been paying extra to buy double etc.

Last edited:
Supporters Clubs do a brilliant job and I was a member of the City Centre Branch when I lived on Shudehill. We had some cracking nights, cracking guests. I never needed to use them to get tickets though, I was always ready to queue (Jesus, remember THAT?) and I had the requisite "regular" season ticket. I've seen the various comments about SCs - my gripe is if SC members are getting tickets ahead of those who want them and have higher points. I'm guessing, if a branch applies for say 10 Bournemouth tickets, the club will send them and will never know if the people who attend the fixture have 0 or 19k points? Or does it work differently? Maybe some branches only give tickets to those with the highest points.

If, as has been posted, people are getting further away from qualifying, despite narrowing the points gap, what's the incentive to attend the Swansea league cups, the Boro Sundays etc?

There's never been a perfect system, some will always be pissed off. But the current system can be improved. Transparency would be a great start.
If a branch aplied for ten they would be lucky to get 1

Wind forward seven years to the Wigan play off semi final and nothing changed.

Ticket allocation 1300 and the tickets went on sale at 5pm with people queueing from the early hours.

To those queueing the club dished out raffle tickets and naturally to those who received a raffle ticket it was presumed enough tickets were available to cover those queueing. Instead 100s missed out who had been waiting for hours.

Its been a shambles for years and there should be more transparency.
You had to have 10 away ticket stubs to get a ticket for that game, I got there around 8am that day.

You had to have 10 away ticket stubs to get a ticket for that game, I got there around 8am that day.

You could not have been much higher up the queue than me. I doubt 400 tickets were sold that day. Pretty sure my raffle ticket was around 150/60 and it sold out not long after me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.