Bournemouth v City post match

Saw him in his prime, ha ha ha fucking hell
The best Yaya was at city. Although, if he played more attacking at Barca I'd lean towards him there because obviously he was younger and fresher. If yaya played an attacking role since the start he'd go down as greater than Zidane. Not gonna see a player like yaya for a long long time.

The best Yaya was at city. Although, if he played more attacking at Barca I'd lean towards him there because obviously he was younger and fresher. If yaya played an attacking role since the start he'd go down as greater than Zidane. Not gonna see a player like yaya for a long long time.
A freak of a player , one we won't see again only behind Silva & Bell for City's greatest, no where near his prime at Barca , that was 2014 title year

Yep It was Carragher. Think Neville was pretty balanced - he's a better pundit than he is a manager anyway.

That's because being a pundit is a piece of piss; choose a nice shirt and one of your favourite big watches; with the benefit of replays and hindsight, criticize managers, players and officials. It doesn't matter what you say because nobody (of any importance) is listening.

Being a manager is very difficult. When you speak you are trying to influence 25 talented multimillionaires to do better. It's 24/7/365 and must be one of the hardest jobs on the planet. I have huge respect for the likes of Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, Tony Pulis, Sam Allardyce, Slaven Bilic etc.

I don't blame these ex players for getting paid to talk about football, but let's not pretend they are anything but hangers on. They don't have the courage to put into practice the wisdom they so casually spout. The one's who really lack credibility are those that tried (usually briefly) to be a manager and failed miserably; people like Shearer and the Nevilles are the obvious examples. You've got to admire their cheek, but very little else about them is admirable. I'd be astonished if any of Giggs, Lampard, Gerard or Ferdinand turned out to be good managers. They won't be short of offers, but deep down they know they're not cut out for the role.

It's interesting that you think our passing out of defence was dreadful - Kola completed 52 of 55 passes and Stones 67 of 74.

I actually think we were defensively great. Both centre halves, Sagna and Ferna, and the entire midfield, all did their bit to limit Bournemouth to almost nothing. We're at a stage where at our best we're such a dominant force, that when that drops a little and we allow the opposition onto us it feels like we're playing really badly. To me it felt more or less like we were happy to be a bit deeper and invite pressure closer to our box to have more space to counter attack. Again, on another day we score more than the 2 goals we did score.

The key is the balance. The balance of this set up is perfect. I said in the Silva the thread that the buy in from him and KDB with regards the positional side of their game is key to this working. Was noticeable how deep at times they were and also how much running KDB in particular did just to close players down from a defensive position. It's the kind of classic Barcelona press which we haven't seen enough of IMO this season.
I've only watched it this afternoon, but it was very like watching a team of the past (50's/60's). Once again it was often 2323, with Sagna Yaya and Fernadhino, ahead of Stones and Kolarov, then Silva and KdB with a half of the pitch to control each, then the three up front. Best of all though, its so flexible, and can easily convert into 352, 442, 433 without having to change positions. It was a surprise to see it fit Fernandhino so well on the left, but the options it gives going forward are amazing, not to mention that was probably one of our best defensive performances of the season too. As you say the balance is key, he seems to have found the formula that works with these players.

Willie - 7 (1 outstanding save with his feet)
Sagna - 7
Stones - 8
Kolarov - 8
Fernandhino - 8
Yaya - 7 (the early booking stunted him a bit)
Silva - 9 - outstanding and my MoM
KdB - 8 best he's been in a while
Sane - 7 (attacked well but gave the ball away carelessly too many times for me)
Jesus - not marked
Sterling - 8 great contribution
Aguero -7 started slowly, but improved second half

Otamendi - 6
Nolito - not marked

If this can be kept up through all these games, we will challenge Chelsea, the key word is IF, its a big ask with CL on top.

So only blue lives matter ? unbelievable statement mate you should be ashamed
Get over yourself pal. If you're so fucking offended by a smartarse off the cuff comment you should be starting witch hunts on Facebook.
Just did a quick Google check and there were no reports of serious injuries.

Get over yourself pal. If you're so fucking offended by a smartarse off the cuff comment you should be starting witch hunts on Facebook.
Just did a quick Google check and there were no reports of serious injuries.
Not offended at all just pointing out that I thought it was a stupid comment ...... Unless they were Blues in which case I hope they and their vehicles are OK.
Not a very smartarse comment in my opinion

OK - I have not read all 40 + pages but - has Aguero been credited with the goal?. Watched on Sky with the sound turned down(Radio Manc. commentary)
- when City scored I turned up the sound on Sky to see and hear their reaction. Quinn seems a right 'prick'. He was really trying to make out it was an 'OG'
Aguero's shot(flick,touch) etc....was going towards the net - Mings also got a touch - surely the striker should get the goal. I can well understand if the shot was going wide of the goal and got diverted into the net.
I see a headline from MUEN saying 'og'. Is it officially an 'OG'.?

OK - I have not read all 40 + pages but - has Aguero been credited with the goal?. Watched on Sky with the sound turned down(Radio Manc. commentary)
- when City scored I turned up the sound on Sky to see and hear their reaction. Quinn seems a right 'prick'. He was really trying to make out it was an 'OG'
Aguero's shot(flick,touch) etc....was going towards the net - Mings also got a touch - surely the striker should get the goal. I can well understand if the shot was going wide of the goal and got diverted into the net.
I see a headline from MUEN saying 'og'. Is it officially an 'OG'.?
Quickest OG Ive ever seen awarded , usually its a day or so later once its been reviewed , Quinn couldnt wait to award it to Mings , bbc were the same as soon as it was scored , Ive seen far more obvious own goals still awarded to the striker ffs

That's because being a pundit is a piece of piss; choose a nice shirt and one of your favourite big watches; with the benefit of replays and hindsight, criticize managers, players and officials. It doesn't matter what you say because nobody (of any importance) is listening.

Being a manager is very difficult. When you speak you are trying to influence 25 talented multimillionaires to do better. It's 24/7/365 and must be one of the hardest jobs on the planet. I have huge respect for the likes of Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, Tony Pulis, Sam Allardyce, Slaven Bilic etc.

I don't blame these ex players for getting paid to talk about football, but let's not pretend they are anything but hangers on. They don't have the courage to put into practice the wisdom they so casually spout. The one's who really lack credibility are those that tried (usually briefly) to be a manager and failed miserably; people like Shearer and the Nevilles are the obvious examples. You've got to admire their cheek, but very little else about them is admirable. I'd be astonished if any of Giggs, Lampard, Gerard or Ferdinand turned out to be good managers. They won't be short of offers, but deep down they know they're not cut out for the role.

Great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.