Bowel cancer screening 'invite'

Had emergency surgery 18 months ago to havè a large tumor removed. Course of chemo and complications after just getting back something like. Had cameras up my bum and jab eye. Last one up bum on monday they found something strange i could see it took biopsy awaiting results. Just making the most of each day and nit worring.

Good luck mate pm me if need to chat

Rang them, advised not to attend due to my impending operation on bowel and speak to my surgeon

I posted in April I collapsed with diverticulitis and had to have emergency keyhole surgery, then major complications which included collapsed lung coming out of theatre and MRSA. Was on HDU for 2 weeks and told could take up to 6 months to recover.

3 weeks ago started doing shorter hours at work - alternate day in office, day working from home. Last week did first full week in office. After having CT scan and colonoscopy in last 3 weeks was told end of last week need major operation to remove the damaged bit of bowel asap. Was gutted as thought on road back to recovery, got my head round that it's better in long term as they said could have major issues with bowel again if don't have the op.

Letter this morning from hospital 'inviting' me for bowel cancer screening in couple weeks.

Anyone else had the screening and/or know what it entails

Just go mate - its uncomfortable and a bit embarrassing - dropping your kex and having a load of nurses watching a tube go up your arse but the consequences of not taking action don't bear thinking about. I went last October and there were a few complications afterwards due to medication I was on but having lost my mum to cancer and my dad almost to bowel cancer it was a no brainer to me.

The worst thing I found was the bloody laxative drink they give you to take the day before - tastes horrible - like nothing else you'll ever experience. However if thats the price of a healthy bowel I think its an acceptable trade off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.