bowel condition called divertuclar

ob

Anyone had it

Had to leave game last night due to severe abdominal pain, had tests all day and they think it might be that and need an op

Mate of mine had it last year and spent a week in hospital. He said it was agony and at one point they thought he would potentially have to have his bowel removed.

He now has to follow a strict diet and had to virtually stop drinking.

My mum has had it for years,she has had a couple spells in hospital that i know of and can't eat some foods,google it but only go on the offical diverticulis website or the NHS one

Cheers, never felt pain like it, surgeon did say depending on severity could mean major surgery

I spent a week in hospital on a antibiotic drip.was agony for a couple of days was told to eat plenty of fibre etc.i just carried on as normal to be honest but have brown bread and a bit more veg.touch wood been ok for 4 years with no further incidents they told me 1 in 4 suffer from it as we get older

Think you have to avoid all foods with seeds in or skin on that can get stuck. Tomato, sweetcorn etc....

Mate as overweight, scoffing takeaways and boozing for a good 5 years leading up to it. He didn't need the OP though despite it looking that way at one point so don't worry about it too much just yet. Lots of fibre.

My goodness, Roy. That's awful. Hope everything sorts itself out as best as it can.

There's a history of bowel conditions in my family so I understand the concerns. Have occasional horrific cramps myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.