Boys in Blue (Song)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Rorz88, 19 Jan 2016.

1. Mike N

Mike N

Love the song. Enjoyed singing it at Wembley and the other night.

2. blue61

blue61

I think the song is timeless and not copied by the away fans as the likes of Hey Jude are. I think we miss a trick not actually playing bluemoon prior to kick-off. Why we have to have the away team read out just 10 mins after it has been done is beyond me. As teams walk out announce the City team and then straight into Bluemoon without having to cut it short.

3. trevorriley

trevorriley

Exactly, what has happened to our bluemoon, somebody somewhere has a block on it before KO, A lot of the people at city love bluemoon, but something is preventing it getting played.

We should do a "bring back bluemoon" campaign.

Boys in blue, great song, but when it is played and long may it carry on to be played it doesn't carry very well as a fans vocal song. It doesn't get going loud like bluemoon, the pace of boys in blue isn't a good terrace song and words aren't as catchy.. Fingers crossed as it is played more fans will recognise and get it going.

4. MCFCTrick

MCFCTrick

I seem to be in a minority, but I cringe when it gets played. Didn't like it as a kid when it was recorded/released, and detest it now. It's cheesy, trite and so dated.

5. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Uppity Twat
    I fucking love it!

6. Second Skin

Second Skin

Bra Fitter
    Always preferred Funky City

7. dadnlad

dadnlad

is the needle stuck ? needs old penny on top ;)

8. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler
    I thought it was cheesy when first released. Now I think it's great and some of the lyrics are perfect for now

Maybe in another generation When other lads have come to take our place They'll carry on the glory of the City Keeping City in the place

9. davymcfc

davymcfc

I love it and sent a chill down my spine when singing it at wembley the other week. One point I would like to make is someone seems to have cut the song down by taking away 2 lines of "the boys in blue never give in" at the end. Has anyone else noticed that?

10. CrownPointBlue

CrownPointBlue

Blue moon @ kick off.

Hey Jude @ half time

Boys in Blue @ the end.

Not hard is it !!