Bradford and Bingley To Be Briefly Nationalised

Benarbia said:
mancmackem said:
More problems in the banking industry. Shame for some but more possibilities for due to be first time buyers (like me) actually getting on the property ladder for an attainable and maybe more realistic price.

Hahahahaahhaha NOPE!!!!

Less lenders, higher rates, higher deposits needed = LESS CHANCE of you getting on the housing ladder np

Do you want to get your red nose and firehose out for me to wear as well Benarbia? I was wrong, i apologise, no need to take the PISS!!!!!

Bigga said:
Ah... How does Thatcher feel to watch her house of cards come tumbling down? Watching her 'legacy' crash and burn must be sheer hell! Don't worry, ducky, some fools think you're a 'national institution'!

Do you know, Brown must be feeling more and more absolved of the current climate as he could only work with the currency culture as it was. So MANY people blamed him(and Cameron is still on that ticket), but surely opinions must've changed?

Or do people still blame Brown's 'economics'?

i doubt if thatcher knows what year it is these days !

Done work there a couple of times and know quite a few people so really feel for them. As usual, the loyal employees pay the price for the inadequacies of their managers. No one can escape blame for this.

Thatcher laid the ground for allowing the safe as houses, mutual building societies to convert to banks, making their directors rich at the expense of their customers.

Their directors & managers are at fault for chasing ever higher profits to satisfy those shareholders (and their own greed) in areas they knew little about and using faulty business models.

Brown is also at fault for not putting in place a sufficiently robust regulatory regime that could recognise and act on these problems. Having been told that Northern Rock couldn't happen again, it just did.

Interesting P_B... So, at which point should Brown have been "putting in place a sufficiently robust regulatory regime that could recognise and act on these problems"??

After all, it's difficult to be the party pooper dealer giving people what they want. When everyone's high, it's 'all good'. But, it's the dealer that gets the blame for the type of 'come down' people experience. After all, he should have told them before hand. But, maybe the Tory dealers were waiting in the wings to supply the demand!

Now, it's all bad. No one forced you to buy the product, but it looked real good...

I dunno what I'm talking about. I'm having dizzy spells from my diabetes!

Bigga said:
Interesting P_B... So, at which point should Brown have been "putting in place a sufficiently robust regulatory regime that could recognise and act on these problems"??

When he hived off banking supervision from the professionals at the Bank of England to what are little better than civil servants at the FSA. The BoE regime was effective and generally worked efficiently to resolve any problems. A quiet word in the right ear at the right time was usually enough.

LEE BRADBURY said:
simonk said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
It is all going tits up, eventually the whole banking industry is going to crash, draw all your cash out put it in biscuit tins and bury it in the back garden.

where do you live mate?
just so I can watch out for you and that

Ha ha ha, I work in total darkness with night vision

yeh, but where? me and simonk are worried about you. so we'll come and guard the cash

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.