Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brahim's a funny one - last season he was overshadowed by Foden and Sancho IMO, partly because they were younger and new, partly because Brahim's quite awkward to fit in the 433 with Foden. Having to play striker for a while with Nmecha out wasn't ideal either.

He had some real moments of quality in the preseason though, and I think he's reached that point where he needs to be playing some senior football to keep improving. There were reports yesterday that he'll be our back up wide man if Sanchez or Mbappé don't join, with would be ideal for him, but if someone does come in, I'm not sure another season of u23 football will do much.

agree totally, the great thing is is that Diaz has that desire and hunger to go past people and he does, dare I say it, at time that look very like Messi - the player I believe he basis his style of play on - is that correct to assume ??

The way he played against Real in the friendly was a joy and the goal superb, he does still need to work on certain aspects but that will come. I just hope that both he and Foden get the chance this season

He definitely seems like a #10 is his best position, a true attacking midfielder. I've read that he gets stuck out on the wings at times and saw Sam Lee said if City don't bring in any attackers he could be played out on the wings with the first team. Not sure what Pep's plan is for him, but he seems like he could be a great false 9. Do any of you that watch him regularly think he could?

The guy will be class. Needs a loan playing professional football at number 10. Only space for one of him or Foden to play there in this squad next season and Foden is seemingly one above in the pecking order. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Girona or NAC, also would not be surprised to see him light it up in La Liga or Eredivisie.

The guy will be class. Needs a loan playing professional football at number 10. Only space for one of him or Foden to play there in this squad next season and Foden is seemingly one above in the pecking order. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Girona or NAC, also would not be surprised to see him light it up in La Liga or Eredivisie.

Has all the ability that goes with the low centre of gravity. What i will say is thst we take a slight risk if we loan him out, of him getting his head turned. Not saying it would definately happen but you can bet your life that teams will try.

Has all the ability that goes with the low centre of gravity. What i will say is thst we take a slight risk if we loan him out, of him getting his head turned. Not saying it would definately happen but you can bet your life that teams will try.
Bit like Paddy Roberts at Celtic?

Won't go to NAC they already have plenty of attacking midfielders.

It's not really head turned though is it? The lads want to play football and all over the country and Europe they can see players their ages getting games, so why should they not want to as well. We haven't proven that we'll give genuine chances to any of our prospects, so what's the point in staying.

what is he, 18? i know we've not got the best track record at promoting the kids, but its not like every team across the continent are playing loads of kids either. he needs time, don't get me wrong, but i think the same as foden - if they can get cup time and minutes (if and) when we've put games to bed, they could develop as well as anywhere by staying here this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.