Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see him get more minutes. I missed the game so can anyone tell me how did he play?
He played ok. Looked a bit tentative toward the end of the cameo (after Burnley scored).

It was a tough game to come into, especially given who he was replacing (and likely why).

Glad to see him get more minutes. I missed the game so can anyone tell me how did he play?

He was useless to be honest, although most of our other attacking players were too. Just kept dribbling straight into their defenders. Definitely his least impressive performance so far.

He was useless to be honest, although most of our other attacking players were too. Just kept dribbling straight into their defenders. Definitely his least impressive performance so far.
@Clercqs Ignore this assessment, it was posted in the heat of defeat... apparently.

@Clercqs Ignore this assessment, it was posted in the heat of defeat... apparently.
I would agree with his assessment to be honest.

Before anyone has a go, I'm not writing Brahim off. But in my opinion (an opinion I've held since the summer) what he's missing is confidence and composure. His decision-making isn't always great.

It's dangerous to get carried away and forget that he's not really done anything for us yet in a senior game. Once he settles in and gets up to speed the goals and assists will start to come and then we can start thinking about his long-term position.

Until then, I think it's a bit silly to use him as a reason not to go for another striker.

He played ok. Looked a bit tentative toward the end of the cameo (after Burnley scored).

It was a tough game to come into, especially given who he was replacing (and likely why).
He was poor, and has been on all cameos, but he needs time to acclimate to the speed and physicality. There’s a reason they call it “blooding the youngster!” It would be nice to see him get a start to see what he can do for 60-70 minutes, because he is clearly skillful enough. Is he strong enough and enough of a team player in a Pep team? Well, we will have to see.

Like Foden, he needs to grow into his “man body,” because he has the talent. Along the way, we need to keep giving these players minutes so they don’t get overawed by the occasion. This game, I think the occasion wasn’t ideal, but there was one chance he had that, if the pass to him had been better, we might have seen a flash of brilliance and a goal.

These cameos will keep him happy and if he can find his feet a bit, he could be a serious candidate for the bench next season, even when we have a fully fit squad. From here, his future is up to him.

He was poor, and has been on all cameos, but he needs time to acclimate to the speed and physicality. There’s a reason they call it “blooding the youngster!” It would be nice to see him get a start to see what he can do for 60-70 minutes, because he is clearly skillful enough. Whether he is strong enough and enough of a team player in a Pep team? Well, we will have to see.

Like Foden, he needs to grow into his “man body,” because he has the talent. Along the way, we need to keep giving these players minutes so they don’t get overawed by the occasion. This game, I think the occasion wasn’t ideal, but there was one chance he had that, if the pass to him had been better, we might have seen a flash of brilliance and a goal.

These cameos will keep him happy and if he can find his feet a bit, he could be a serious candidate for the bench next season, even when we have a fully fit squad. From here, his future is up to him.
I rate him highly (along with Foden).

I definitely don’t think he was poor but we’ll have to leave it at that as it’s subjective expectation at this point.

Thought he might have had a penalty tbh, but didn't go down. (might be wrong as they didn't show a replay) He didn't set the world on fire, but he was against a hugely physical defender, much more so than any fullback he'll have faced at youth level. Not to mention the fact that I really don't think left winger is his ideal position. It'll be a good experience for him though and he'll be better for it.

He was poor, and has been on all cameos, but he needs time to acclimate to the speed and physicality. There’s a reason they call it “blooding the youngster!” It would be nice to see him get a start to see what he can do for 60-70 minutes, because he is clearly skillful enough. Is he strong enough and enough of a team player in a Pep team? Well, we will have to see.

Even though they have been cameos he has shown enough to prove he can make it at our level. He has skinned the opposition several times and played really well against West Brom. Today he didnt win us the game but he is always trying to make something happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.