Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
looked like he didn't know what to do, possibly worried about losing the ball. maybe we're paying the price a little bit of not playing him earlier in the season when we've had a couple goals advantage going into the last 20 minutes in the game. just needs more and more time to learn

Are we going to blame him for the result today ?

He was as productive today as all our front 3 who were out of service.

Are we going to blame him for the result today ?

He was as productive today as all our front 3 who were out of service.
You must be joking? The defence and midfield were brilliant until they've run out of steam, the main "author" of the draw is Aguero. Defence and attack are interconnected, if you don't score your chances and continue to lose the ball, you invite pressure on your defensive line and make them run/work more. Hence the tiredness of defenders/midfielders by the end of the match.

As for Brahim, he's just not ready yet. Hard to blame him, the kid needs time to ripe. The talent is obvious, but perhaps he'll need a loan to Spain next season to play regularly.

Last edited:
You must be joking? The defence and midfield were brilliant until they've run out of steam, the main "author" of the draw is Aguero. Defence and attack are interconnected, if you don't score your chances and continue to lose the ball, you invite pressure on your defensive line and make them run/work more. Hence the tiredness of defenders/midfielders by the end of the match.

As for Brahim, he's just not ready yet. Hard to blame him, the kid needs time to ripe. The talent is obvious, but perhaps he'll need a loan to Spain next season to play regularly.

I meant our front 3 ( Bernardo , Sergio & Sterling ) deserve more criticism than Brahim.

Many fans are complaining that Brahim is not ready...etc because he couldn't make the difference today which is not fair or right at all.

I rate him highly (along with Foden).

I definitely don’t think he was poor but we’ll have to leave it at that as it’s subjective expectation at this point.

It depends how you're judging him. By the standards of the senior players I would say he was very poor. By the standards of a teenager with very little first team experience I would say he was exactly as good as anyone should expect.

Far too early to make a judgement on Diaz. Was very lively on Wednesday but was ineffective today.

Needs a run of games like any player, but I have high hopes.

people get annoyed at the inconsistencies of Sane, Sterling and Kun, so I think we can give the kid some slack. Pep made an impulsive change today which I don't think helped but it's good experience for the lad.

I meant our front 3 ( Bernardo , Sergio & Sterling ) deserve more criticism than Brahim.

Many fans are complaining that Brahim is not ready...etc because he couldn't make the difference today which is not fair or right at all.
Fair enough, expecting Brahim to make a difference in his 3rd PL game is a bit too much. It seems Guardiola cannot satisfy everyone: he tries to add another readymade attacker - "he doesn't trust the Academy!", gives Brahim playing time - "he's not ready!". Ofc he's not ready, Brahim needs time to get used to PL defenders. Trust Pep, he's never wrong with his assessment of youngsters (at least I can't remember any significant mistakes in that regard).

After a few games he would settle in no problem, he has so much natural ability and confidence. An extended run seeing as our injuries are piling up would do him no harm. What I do like about him is he is so positive.

Fair enough, expecting Brahim to make a difference in his 3rd PL game is a bit too much. It seems Guardiola cannot satisfy everyone: he tries to add another readymade attacker - "he doesn't trust the Academy!", gives Brahim playing time - "he's not ready!". Ofc he's not ready, Brahim needs time to get used to PL defenders. Trust Pep, he's never wrong with his assessment of youngsters (at least I can't remember any significant mistakes in that regard).
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.