Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is always the danger when you sign Spanish young players and they will always feel the pull of there home

We have already lost Sancho. If it gets to the point where someone like Brahim also wants to leave, because he thinks he will get more 1st team opportunities at Real, than at City, we need to have a long hard look at ourselves and our road to the 1st team.

At some point the club/Pep needs to start giving these guys a chance. The game at the weekend was a prime example. Why name Foden on the bench if he cant even get on the pitch for the last 20 mins when we are leading 4-0 against a team down to 10 men? If he isn't getting on the pitch in this scenario, what scenario does he ever get on? What score does it have to be for him to get some minutes? 8-0, 12-0? Ok, I know the loss of Ederson probably didnt help his chances.

We have to give these lads an opportunity in our 1st team, before our academy gets the reputation, as nothing more than the best education and springboard in football to bigger and better things elsewhere.

I agree. In my last post, discussing the possible circumstances for a kid appearing on the pitch, I wrote "when they are ready (which is Guarduola's position) or when there is no risk involved". As you say, on Saturday there was a perfect opportunity to give Foden some playing minutes...

But there is something else I find important to add, given the opportunity. Before even discussing the priorities regarding the 3rd sub, the point is that he had to do it. Given City's schedule, you rest players (while minimizing the possibilities of injuries) the moment you can afford it. Period. While providing match practice to others (also important). Would it be Sergio? David? Kevin? Probably one of the first two, I don't know and that's not the point, whoever he and his staff felt needed it the most. That was a mistake...

I agree. In my last post, discussing the possible circumstances for a kid appearing on the pitch, I wrote "when they are ready (which is Guarduola's position) or when there is no risk involved". As you say, on Saturday there was a perfect opportunity to give Foden some playing minutes...

But there is something else I find important to add, given the opportunity. Before even discussing the priorities regarding the 3rd sub, the point is that he had to do it. Given City's schedule, you rest players (while minimizing the possibilities of injuries) the moment you can afford it. Period. While providing match practice to others (also important). Would it be Sergio? David? Kevin? Probably one of the first two, I don't know and that's not the point, whoever he and his staff felt needed it the most. That was a mistake...

Tbf I totally agree about playing kids more, but Saturday we lost the keeper & both Mangala & Sane needed time on the pitch as does Bernardo Silva.

I would not have had Foden high on the list of priorities on Saturday. If he's bringing on Yaya Toure for ten minutes instead of Foden, when we are 4 up in December, then it's more of an argument.

Why name Foden on the bench if he cant even get on the pitch for the last 20 mins when we are leading 4-0 against a team down to 10 men?... Ok, I know the loss of Ederson probably didnt help his chances.

As you said, Ederson didn't help.

4-0 has been put in by our 3rd and last sub, Sané.
So Pep could have brought Foden on at 3-0. But I think we really cannot blame Pep for that decision after we know what Leroy did, can we?

Without a stolen sub changing our keeper Pep had the choice between Gundogan, Bernardo and Foden for being the 3rd sub.
Even that decision isn't easy at all.

But I do agree the young lads have to get minutes to keep them on board.
In return they need to be patient somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.