Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should be ok on this. Brahim has been here for a bit now and he'll feature in the league and FA cups with Foden this year. It seems to me that the current plan is have a couple of young players with Pep for the season and then loan them the year after. Garcia and Maffeo did it last year until Maffeo was sent to Girona. Garcia got a fair few cup games whilst actually starting against Middlesbrough. Diaz and Foden seem to have decent heads on their shoulders and will understand the role they'll play this year. Getting a handful of games at 17 years old under Guardiola, followed by a year on loan in Girona if they aren't quite ready, is about as good as any player could ask for.

We have already lost Sancho. If it gets to the point where someone like Brahim also wants to leave, because he thinks he will get more 1st team opportunities at Real, than at City, we need to have a long hard look at ourselves and our road to the 1st team.

At some point the club/Pep needs to start giving these guys a chance. The game at the weekend was a prime example. Why name Foden on the bench if he cant even get on the pitch for the last 20 mins when we are leading 4-0 against a team down to 10 men? If he isn't getting on the pitch in this scenario, what scenario does he ever get on? What score does it have to be for him to get some minutes? 8-0, 12-0? Ok, I know the loss of Ederson probably didnt help his chances.

We have to give these lads an opportunity in our 1st team, before our academy gets the reputation, as nothing more than the best education and springboard in football to bigger and better things elsewhere.

To be fair we know the importance of goal difference. It got us the title and CL place over Rags in last 5 years. Sane came on and scored twice.

Give him enough time this season and then extend him, he can replace Silva in a couple of years, and will still only be 20.

I'd like to think that Brahim will look at Odegaard and think twice about his decision. Will likely offer a huge contract which may force our hand.

Pep will use him in the domestic cups
Hopefully that will be enough to keep him here for the time
Great player in the making

This kid needs to train with the first team and pep should play him in domestic cup.
He got the talent but needs some experience with the senior players in competitive games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.