Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Sancho should be the one who is fast-tracked into the first team squad, just because he seems a lot more physically developed than Diaz. Pretty soon though they're both going to be far too good to be playing U23 football.

I think Sancho should be with the first team from the summer onwards. Like you say, he's physically developed and has all of the required potential to go to the top.

Sterling was getting games at Liverpool from 17 so there's no reason that Jadon can't. He's got a lot to learn but at least he can dribble, shoot and cross, which is more than can be said for Navas.

I think Sancho should be with the first team from the summer onwards. Like you say, he's physically developed and has all of the required potential to go to the top.

Sterling was getting games at Liverpool from 17 so there's no reason that Jadon can't. He's got a lot to learn but at least he can dribble, shoot and cross, which is more than can be said for Navas.

Sancho and Brahim can't because City have stronger squad than Liverpool.

We already have +40 milion Sane on the bench, Nolito, Jesus and Kelechi.

Therefore the best way imo is to loan them for two seasons and then bring them back to see if they can break into the first team or not.

God I really fucking hate loans. Already despairing at the idea of Sancho and Brahim going out on loan to some shite club who throws them on the bench for the first misplaced pass and then their confidence falls and they end up a shite, shallow version of themselves cos of mismanagement.

Surely Sancho should be the one who is fast-tracked into the first team squad, just because he seems a lot more physically developed than Diaz. Pretty soon though they're both going to be far too good to be playing U23 football.
I don't think Sancho is more physically developed than Diaz, bigger yes but Diaz has around 8 months on him and although he's never going to be the tallest player on the pitch he'll match Sancho for strength I'd have thought.

As for loans, with players this good you just don't loan them out, they'll stick with the 1st team squad and get introduced slowly over time.

God I really fucking hate loans. Already despairing at the idea of Sancho and Brahim going out on loan to some shite club who throws them on the bench for the first misplaced pass and then their confidence falls and they end up a shite, shallow version of themselves cos of mismanagement.

The loan of Maffeo to Girona was successful

Jason Denayer improved with Celtic

And our three youngsters are doing well with FC Twente

Sancho and Brahim can't because City have stronger squad than Liverpool.

We already have +40 milion Sane on the bench, Nolito, Jesus and Kelechi.

Therefore the best way imo is to loan them for two seasons and then bring them back to see if they can break into the first team or not.

No offence, but that's a ridiculous idea. Those two are far too good to be out on loan for two years, we're then basically at the mercy of a worse team with worse coaches and training facilities to develop two potentially world class players for us.

No offence, but that's a ridiculous idea. Those two are far too good to be out on loan for two years, we're then basically at the mercy of a worse team with worse coaches and training facilities to develop two potentially world class players for us.

Playing regularly is more valuable than having modern facilities.

Did Ronaldinho, Luis Suarez ,Aguero or Tevez had good facilities when they were 17-19 years old ?

The loan of Maffeo to Girona was successful

Jason Denayer improved with Celtic

And our three youngsters are doing well with FC Twente

Then we sent Denayer out on loan to Gala and he regressed undoing any good work from Celtic. Maffeo's was quite good, now he's back out on loan again to the same team months later. Unal has gone out on loan cos he literally had no choice cos of work permit problems. Yeboah is the same, and has never played a solitary game for any of our academy sides. He's from the r2d academy and he will be sold on for a small profit probably. Celina's doing well, but his long term future at City is questionable.

I get you're trying to be positive but I really hate the pot luck hit rate wiht loans. There's just as many bad loans as there are good ones sadly and it feels that if a player does well on loan, it's in spite of the circumstances instead of because of them. And then they're sent out again anyway, rendering the first loan pointless. The environments are usually hit and miss as fuck. Even if we do get it right, we get it wrong the second time. Denayer's learned bad habits over in Turkey, and Byrne, initially good with Cambuur, has had a major setback being sent to a negative, physical team in Blackburn. Manu Garcia, terrible loan. Letting Barker go to Rotherham. Another terrible loan. The hit rate for clubs that mass horde loan players out is really, really low.

There can be good situations yes, but in general, they're usually totally and utterly guess work and that's why I hate them cos they're just as likely to ruin a player's confidence and ability as they are to make them something exciting in my opinion.

Last edited:

The only reason we should use loans is a) When clubs ask for our players. These loans have worked out well (Unal & Celina to Twente, Byrne to Cambuur) or B) To give the kids a taste of life outside their bubble. See what professional football is like if you don't make it at the top, and make them grow up a bit.

Manu said that Pep told him to go out on loan and come back a man, so I assume that's the kind of thing they're hoping to get from that.

Otherwise sending them out just hoping they get play time is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.