Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be plenty of clubs monitoring his position at the club without doubt, so yes we do need to get him involved at squad level.Hes an outstanding talent who should be getting minutes on the pitch especially the domestic cup competitions.

How long should he hang around then?
There is no definitive answer to that,except to say,his opportunity wont come until he can prove he can show the same ability against 13/14 stone men as opposed 11/12 stone boys - its a completely different game and he needs to have patience,something his recent comments suggest he has.

Personally,i think next season we will start to see him on the bench,although it certainly wont be a problem if he isnt.

Diaz does not have a lot blocking his route to involvement with the first team. The complication I see for most of the young players is the volume of slightly older players out on loan who will be coming back. Sancho for example has Roberts and Barker ahead of him amongst others who can play on the wing. For Diaz he has maybe Manu Garcia who has a similar game and Bersant Celina, both have played 1st team football but I sense Diaz is the better prospect and could jump them both next season into the 1st team squad.
Very much doubt if Barker is still in the mix Roberts maybe. Sancho to me has somebody in his way all right his name is Sane!!! Indeed if Sancho and Brahim don't make it at least into the squad within the next 2 seasons and get some participation then we may as well shut down the academy as nobody is ever going to make the breakthrough.

Hope they take the garcia approach (with more game time), no loans just regular 10 minutes here, 30 there to give them exposure and let them develop physically. Keep them here training and playing our way and at the highest level.

Agree Barker seems to have dropped of the radar but he was training with the first team before his current loan. I think he will be part of a fairly large scale clear out this summer. It's a shame as he was a leading light at one stage.

There will be plenty of clubs monitoring his position at the club without doubt, so yes we do need to get him involved at squad level.Hes an outstanding talent who should be getting minutes on the pitch especially the domestic cup competitions.

How long should he hang around then?

That's when his contract ends, a few weeks before his 20th birthday.

If he's not broken through by then he can leave for free. I think we all know that he will be involved in the next 2 seasons though.

That's when his contract ends, a few weeks before his 20th birthday.

If he's not broken through by then he can leave for free. I think we all know that he will be involved in the next 2 seasons though.

At that point Silva will be 33. Seems a perfect succession plan to me.

There is no definitive answer to that,except to say,his opportunity wont come until he can prove he can show the same ability against 13/14 stone men as opposed 11/12 stone boys - its a completely different game and he needs to have patience,something his recent comments suggest he has.

Personally,i think next season we will start to see him on the bench,although it certainly wont be a problem if he isnt.

Hes special in my opinion, I agree about him being involved next season.

Hes special in my opinion, I agree about him being involved next season.
Just watched a re run of the Villa game and I have no doubt whatsoever Diaz & Sancho will play some part of first team football next season. Both are going to be very special players in the future for sure.

Agree Barker seems to have dropped of the radar but he was training with the first team before his current loan. I think he will be part of a fairly large scale clear out this summer. It's a shame as he was a leading light at one stage.

Really? He was good but he was always very limited! Never even close in terms of talent to the likes of Sancho, Diaz and even Fernades imo.

Really? He was good but he was always very limited! Never even close in terms of talent to the likes of Sancho, Diaz and even Fernades imo.

Imo, Barker's higlights reel would be as good or better than Sancho or Diaz, at the same stage in his career. They each have different attributes where one is better than the other but Barker produced literally scores of absolutely stunning moments & some of it hasn't been bettered yet, from what I've seen.

If Diaz is still n he reseves in two years, he will probably be labelled a failure with an attitude problem on here & then shipped off to Barnsley, fat & depressed.

Sancho & Diaz are reaching that moment where hey are too good for this level but not necessarily able to play every week in a lower league team. They need help from our manager or from another manager, to help & inspire them to the next level. Something none of our previous generations has had as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.