Brandon Barker

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by FantasyIreland, 5 Sep 2014.

1. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

A real talent in our academy,just been called up for the England u19's,still 17.

Well done!

2. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Agree completely. And well done to him.

I was whinging about him not being picked in that England group, so also it's about time imo.

If he keeps progressing as expected, Barker is a player who imo could be fast tracked into our first team squad. Not been starting in the EDS recently. Should be. Make room for him.

3. jollylescott

jollylescott

From what I have seen on tape he has tremendous attacking skills. I actually think he is potentially a better version of Adam Johnson.

I agree with Nev if he continues to progress he could go a long way with our club.

4. spinzer

spinzer

Adam Johnson, yeah, he can easily be compared to him! Lets just hope his talent brings him further then that, but in all honesty, if he makes it to his level that would be pretty decent :p

5. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Some similarities with AJ but looks to have more pace & may end up more physical too.

6. mad zab

mad zab

That's my opinion as well. He looks comfortable on either foot and has the pace Johnson lacked

7. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

the problem for him and any talent we have is unless they are ready made, top class they won't get into the team.

8. LoveCity

LoveCity

That's not really a problem. If they go out and loan and prove themselves to be top young players, they come back and take a squad place. The real problem is, none have done that in recent years. Guidetti was the closest (and City had plans for him), then ate some uncooked chicken at the end of his Feyenoord spell and the rest is history.

It just takes one of them to go out on loan in a good league, stand out, and City will try and implement them because that is what City seem desperate to do. It's just, who has proven to be a truly high-end young talent in recent years? Think of players like Pogba, Hazard, Barkley, Sterling at the ages of 19-21... we haven't had anyone who has really stood out in a top league in that age group since Sturridge. Not one young player we've let go has ended up at a top club except Sturridge and Suarez (we had no choice here and even he has been farmed out for 2 years on loan). There was some unrest when we sold Weiss and he is playing in Qatar now.

Maybe Lopes will be the next.

9. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Weiss was a fantastic talent but dumb & greedy as fuck. Great pity.

Soon enough, we will start to bring one or two kids into the first team setup. We have been under too much pressure & the kids on the whole haven't been good enough to get in regularly.

The best kids don't have to be as good as our best players now, just good enough to make an impact here & there, & not let us down. Obviously a centre back or keeper is a special case & can't be risked the same as a winger, but I doubt Devante Cole for instance would be a disaster coming on if we are 3 up at home. I recon he, & we, would love it.

10. least we can point to Chelsea and Courtois and Lukaku and say if you work hard and perform you can end up on the same path.