Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
mad zab said:
I used to watch the youth teams and reserves on a regular basis when I lived around the corner from Maine Road

I have only seen a few clips of Barker, but he excites me just as Paul Lake did all those years ago.

Just have a feeling this lad could be the real deal.

yh he excites me as well, hope his head is screwed on.

He doesn't have his own thread but I wanted to give mention to Angus Gunn, who played in goal in the England team, and Ashley Smith-Brown played as well.

I think they both have a particularly bright future.

I haven't watched much of either Gunn or Smith-Brown. From the two or three games I have watched Gunn, including yesterdays game, he seems to be very good on the ball and his distribution is very impressive. Ashley Smith-Brown wasn't so impressive last night. My understanding is that he is a LB. For the time he was on the pitch yesterday, he played mainly RB and then LB for 5 minutes before he was substituted. He got caught on the ball a fair amount and his distribution wasn't particularly good. I am not sure how much this was due to him playing on the wrong side, so to speak.

Manc in London said:
I haven't watched much of either Gunn or Smith-Brown. From the two or three games I have watched Gunn, including yesterdays game, he seems to be very good on the ball and his distribution is very impressive.

If im not mistaken.......Gunn began life as an outfield player,hence his technical ability,i suppose given his physique and parentage though it was pretty inevitable he would end up between the sticks.

I wasn't so sure about him in the early days but he seems to be developing into a very good keeper.

Heard a lot of good things about this kid, haven't seen him play though, only highlights. What are peoples thought on this kid, will he make it ?

i wonder if this is who Borrell is talking about "former Liverpool academy head coach Rodolfo Borrell, has told the board that there are a number of real jewels, some of whom will become available to the first team in two to three years.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Heard a lot of good things about this kid, haven't seen him play though, only highlights. What are peoples thought on this kid, will he make it ?

i wonder if this is who Borrell is talking about "former Liverpool academy head coach Rodolfo Borrell, has told the board that there are a number of real jewels, some of whom will become available to the first team in two to three years.

He's a terrific prospect mate,thats why there is already a 3 page thread on him
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=305493&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=305493&start=20</a>

please use the search button,or just have a ganders down the page.....this is a great sub forum and it can stay that way if people keep it 'tidy'

cheers.

I can see a few posters on here rate him highly but its the first I've heard of him in all honesty! Will try and look out for him. Im aware that the likes of brahim, angelino, manu garcia etc seem to have a chance of making it but I've never really noticed much talk about this lad, has he come out of the blue a bit, do city seem to keep him a bit low key or have I just not noticed him?

The Fat el Hombre said:
I can see a few posters on here rate him highly but its the first I've heard of him in all honesty! Will try and look out for him. Im aware that the likes of brahim, angelino, manu garcia etc seem to have a chance of making it but I've never really noticed much talk about this lad, has he come out of the blue a bit, do city seem to keep him a bit low key or have I just not noticed him?

Yeah he looks like a talent, was fantastic for the u18s last season, hes very direct and seems to glide past players with ease. A lot of posters will mention players like Garcia Brahim etc because they are the big money foreign signings, so naturally they have more hype around them. So our english lads dont get talked about as much, which is unfair really. Might be why you haven't noticed him. Plenty of talent though in the academy though so hopefully we will start to see more getting closer to the first team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.