Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
SlimShadyRus said:
Why are you so sure that he won't end up like Alex Henshall?

Why the negativity?

However,at their respective ages,Barker has better technical skills,he looks faster and stronger and appears to have a greater mental strength geared towards succeeding.He's also surrounded by a group of peers who are far more talented than the team Henshall was in,hopefully that collective level of ability will help develop,and push on,all our kids to a higher standard.

Barker,and the rest,also have the best training academy and coaches in the country,and perhaps the world.....I reckon that might also help.....

FantasyIreland said:
SlimShadyRus said:

Why the negativity?

However,at their respective ages,Barker has better technical skills,he looks faster and stronger and appears to have a greater mental strength geared towards succeeding.He's also surrounded by a group of peers who are far more talented than the team Henshall was in,hopefully that collective level of ability will help develop,and push on,all our kids to a higher standard.

Barker,and the rest,also have the best training academy and coaches in the country,and perhaps the world.....I reckon that might also help.....
More like cautious. Haven't seen this lad (or have, but didn't know that it was him) and only heard here that he's a big prospect. Like it has been mentioned, there are more hype about foreign youngsters and british players are often underrated. Agree he can develop better among players stronger than him, but you also say that he's less talented... Few of of those make it through, with a very hard work. And many people here say that he'll be better than Adam.
Personally, I would like to watch his good performances for u19 national team and EDS and hope he'll grow in a proper player

P.S. Did he play at Al Kass Cup this January? I remember Faour, Garcia and a couple of others there.

He had an excellent first half against Roma the other week. Terrorized the Roma right full back! He came off early though, so I'm not sure whether he had an injury or with was a tactical issue, because his replacement played on the right wing.

Considering Pozo had just played for the first team against SW, I was surprised to find he was not the stand out player in the team. For me, that went to either Thierry Ambrose, who scored a cracking winner, or Olivier Ntcham, who bossed the midfield and scored the first with a cracking drive from outside the box into the keepers bottom left corner. Keeper (Gunn) had a good game, too.

At the EDS level, Pozo was more poseur than I'd hoped. Extravagantly mad at himself when things didn't come off, head down dribbler who ran into blind alleys, and a greedy bastard when within 25 yards of the goal. He must have had 10-15 calls of "Pozo, Pozo" with players wide open on every side, but he tried to dribble through the Roma defence almost every time he got it. The one time he laid off a good early pass was for the Ntcham goal!

Definitely some talent at that level, and they definitely play the same way as the first team, if obviously not quite at that standard. Promising, and a nice 950 turnout at Ewan Fields for the game enjoyed City's fight back for the win a lot more than the 5 Roma fans they segregated (I shit you not!) behind one goal!!

Alas, two of them out sang the 945 City fans.....so there were some similarities to the evening game!

ChicagoBlue said:
He had an excellent first half against Roma the other week. Terrorized the Roma right full back! He came off early though, so I'm not sure whether he had an injury or with was a tactical issue, because his replacement played on the right wing.

Considering Pozo had just played for the first team against SW, I was surprised to find he was not the stand out player in the team. For me, that went to either Thierry Ambrose, who scored a cracking winner, or Olivier Ntcham, who bossed the midfield and scored the first with a cracking drive from outside the box into the keepers bottom left corner. Keeper (Gunn) had a good game, too.

At the EDS level, Pozo was more poseur than I'd hoped. Extravagantly mad at himself when things didn't come off, head down dribbler who ran into blind alleys, and a greedy bastard when within 25 yards of the goal. He must have had 10-15 calls of "Pozo, Pozo" with players wide open on every side, but he tried to dribble through the Roma defence almost every time he got it. The one time he laid off a good early pass was for the Ntcham goal!

Definitely some talent at that level, and they definitely play the same way as the first team, if obviously not quite at that standard. Promising, and a nice 950 turnout at Ewan Fields for the game enjoyed City's fight back for the win a lot more than the 5 Roma fans they segregated (I shit you not!) behind one goal!!

Alas, two of them out sang the 945 City fans.....so there were some similarities to the evening game!

I think that is part of the development Pozo needs to make in order to really cement a place in our first team squad. It is tough for a young player to play with the first team, and score and then be put back with the EDS. I think most players under those circumstances would feel as if they need to prove why they should always be with the first team and he was a bit over elaborate at times because he was trying to hard to emphasise his worth. But he still made an important contribution and it capped a good week or so for him. That's something that he has to build on but I think it's understandable why he was perhaps "over playing".

SlimShadyRus said:
FantasyIreland said:
SlimShadyRus said:

Why the negativity?

More like cautious. Haven't seen this lad (or have, but didn't know that it was him) and only heard here that he's a big prospect. Like it has been mentioned, there are more hype about foreign youngsters and british players are often underrated. Agree he can develop better among players stronger than him, but you also say that he's less talented... Few of of those make it through, with a very hard work. And many people here say that he'll be better than Adam.
Personally, I would like to watch his good performances for u19 national team and EDS and hope he'll grow in a proper player

P.S. Did he play at Al Kass Cup this January? I remember Faour, Garcia and a couple of others there.

No. They are younger.

Barker is not less talented than the 'foreign' kids. If anything he is more talented than most of them.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/CityTV/Match%20highlights/2014/October/Fulham%20v%20City%20EDS%20match%20highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/CityTV/Match%20hi ... highlights</a>

The Fulham game.Brandon looks very impressive.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
FantasyIreland said:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/CityTV/Match%20highlights/2014/October/Fulham%20v%20City%20EDS%20match%20highlights

The Fulham game.Brandon looks very impressive.
He really does doesn't he. Someone made the quip "Arjen Barker" a couple of pages back but lets be honest, thats what we're all thinking.

There are definite similarities - the pace,the style,the belief and his directness..... He is certainly the type of player we have been craving,the fact he's an academy product makes it all the more exciting,fingers crossed his progression leads him to the first team.

He looks like he has everything that is needed to become a top class winger definitely.

I just hope he works on his end product consistently so that he doesn't end up like another Downing, Townsend, Lennon, Johnson etc.. players who have great speed and can come up with the occasional worldy goal or assist, but their inconsistency will never see them play at Champions League level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.