Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although i haven't seen anything of his Dutch adventure,the word 'Nearly' appears to sum him up.

He has so much natural ability that a career at the top should be a given,just seems something is missing.......however,only just turned 20 so time still on his side.A loan in a more testing league is needed imo.

It might not be ideal if he wants to stake a claim in our first team but Portsmouth is the better bet.

Portsmouth could be a good move. I'd like to see him at a higher level though, so maybe Celtic or FC Twente might be willing to give him a go?
He hardly tore apart the Dutch second division, I doubt too many clubs will be knocking our door down for him. Really surprised at how badly he's regressed as he did look a top talent three years ago, but he's gone backwards. Genuinely thought he'd be aright footed Arjen Robben

He hardly tore apart the Dutch second division, I doubt too many clubs will be knocking our door down for him. Really surprised at how badly he's regressed as he did look a top talent three years ago, but he's gone backwards. Genuinely thought he'd be aright footed Arjen Robben

Same. I had such high hopes for him and he was ahead of Celina when they were in the U18s two years ago.

If someone takes a gamble on him I think he could have an impact at a higher level. Seems like he's either lost confidence or been found out playing against men.

Same. I had such high hopes for him and he was ahead of Celina when they were in the U18s two years ago.

If someone takes a gamble on him I think he could have an impact at a higher level. Seems like he's either lost confidence or been found out playing against men.
Pretty much the same level as Sane two years ago when they played against each other

Pretty much the same level as Sane two years ago when they played against each other
And probably a level above Goncalo Guedes when we played Benfica either that year or the year before. From the outside, he seems a bit too much of a confidence player and has just lost his mojo, as he was so direct and threatening back when he had Angelino overlapping for him, you'd imagine him tearing Holland apart but it just hasn't happened at all. Manu Garcia looks like he has though on the plus side, although people seem to have forgotten about how good he is because a younger, brighter Spanish player turned up

The Best player in 2011 Fifa Youth Championship was Henrique Almeida.

Players he was better than include James Rodriguez, Coutinho, Lacazette, Oscar, Griezmann, Lamela, Sergi Roberto, Koke, Isco, Willian and Casemiro.

Henrique Almeida now rides the bench for one of the worst teams in the Brazilian league.

I thought Barker was good, really good, but a lot of very good youth players either hit a wall or get rapidly overtaken once they reach that 18/19/20 age. It may be a case that he didn't get the lift up to the first team when he needed it, but even if that's true, you wonder how long he'd have kept going if a season of no progress is all it took to seemingly derail him.

I hope he lands somewhere good and races back up the leagues but it seems unlikely now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.