Brandon Barker

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by FantasyIreland, 5 Sep 2014.

1. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

Yup, fair comment. I'm just putting reasons why we haven't done that. And where is any of those United players now?

2. CityStu

CityStu

Rashford's a semi regular for England and Januzaj has just netted them up to £10m.

But really, that doesn't matter. The question is did United do any poorer by giving those players a chance? The players may end up average but at least they see they get an opportunity at United, and if they do turn out to be rather good, they'll be doing it at United rather than another team.

We have to give our outstanding youngsters a go our they will pack their bags and move elsewhere to be given a go. Barker was definitely one of those outstanding youngsters for a time and he was ignored.

3. Hamsterdam95

Hamsterdam95

The biggest example would be someone like Rashford who didn't look head and shoulder's above our players when he played them at youth level, but look at him now. Sometimes it takes just a spark, that adrenaline that gives them that confidence. We will never find out if our players are good enough if they are never given a chance. This is something coaches like SAF did really well with the Rags and LVG did with most of his clubs. You have to have balls and take risks, and then you can unearth these gems.

4. almir

almir

5. AustinBlue

AustinBlue

Software.
    Rashford would get nowhere near our team for next year no matter if SAF or Cruyff or Pep were coaching the team. SAF coached at a time when the teams he played against were nowhere near loaded with players like Aguero and Sanchez and Kante etc etc. Iheanacho >> Rashford and he can't get a sniff.

6. almir

almir

Rashford is better than Nacho by a mile, but I agree it was easier to ferguson to play soe kids when there was no competition at all. he was winning titles with some players that couldn't get in stoke team today.

7. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Yep. Some people just don't get it.

8. Jalfraag

Jalfraag

It gets repeated more and more these days, often unchallenged.

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Primarilly by 'supporters' who dont quite understand,or have experienced,the reality of our rivalry.I doubt many match going fans would use such a term.

10. lancs blue

lancs blue

Stupid Ageing Fuckwit?