Brandon Barker

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by FantasyIreland, 5 Sep 2014.

1. himalayan_blues

himalayan_blues

medical doctor
    I thought he will be the next ross barkley!

2. Edin blue

Edin blue

Train Guard
    Brandon has not seen much football recently but thats more due to him being kept out the side just now rather than him being off form, made a cameo appearance at parkhead v Celtic in a 2-2 draw and played around 10 minutes on Saturday but sadly not enough tie to make an impact as Hibs went down 0-1 at home to Aberdeen, there is player in there and I'd like to see him get a decent run in the team to show us what he's all about. For those who may be interested Hibs play Celtic again on Saturday in the Semi final of the Scottish league cup which is live on Sky Sports kick off 12:15.

3. Otamendi's Beard

Otamendi's Beard

I honestly thought that Barker could be something special. His form in the U18s a couple of years ago was top draw and after his hat-trick vs Coventry in the FA Youth Cup I was really impressed. Personally I would've given his some game time ahead of Navas at that point.

However, it can't be a coincidence that he didn't get a chance with us and is now warming Hibernian's bench. There mustn't be something quite right with his attitude or temperament or whatever.

4. WallyA

WallyA

I think it's the mentality, Barker literally has all the physical and technical ability to be a top player, but his mentality is the difference between playing in a top league or not.

You see this happen all the time with players, they constantly need confidence boosters to keep rising but sometimes that doesn't happen, Barker also has had injuries and shit loans to reduce his confidence as well. This loan will be the most important of his career because if he can't establish himself in Scotland (doesn't even need the same impact as Roberts), then he will probably never make it to a big league.

5. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I think you are spot on regarding him needing a boost & his career evolution has taken perfectly the wrong path at every single turn. That's why I wanted to see him get into the senior team very early, to get him some self belief before he was old enough to start worrying about it.

With a kid that talented, with those obvious potential weaknesses, imo you play him immediately when he's in top form.

Back in the day, Tony Book etc would have made a player out of him, or at least pushed him to the point where he could go no further.

A great pity he isn't 16/17 now I think. Pep would possibly fix him.

6. Edin blue

Edin blue

Train Guard
    Barker starts today for Hibs v Celtic in the league cup semi live on BT

7. dadnlad

dadnlad

ha ha ha

8. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Watched 2nd half,he didnt do much.

And where has his hair gone? He certainly isnt ageing well.

9. Barcon

Barcon

Still hoping that I can pull out the old Eidos shirt that I have with his name on the back one day.

10. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

There seems to be a little squad of fuckwits who just go round posting just like that.

Unless they are all you of course.

Perhaps you thought you were adding something to the thread, but I doubt it, purely being unpleasent for the sake of it.