Brandon Barker

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by FantasyIreland, 5 Sep 2014.

1. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Indeed.

Hopefully the start of a resurgence that see's him forge a decent career somewhere.

2. Edin blue

Edin blue

Train Guard
    Barker started again for Hibs on Saturday and he's enjoying a good run in the team just now, only this time he started the match in a more central position in the number 10 role behind the front two. He was moved to his more familiar position of wide left thought after around 30 minutes after Hibs took the lead and subsequently changed their shape to a more familiar 4-1-4-1 and he constantly beat his man nearly every time with his pace and trickery, he tracked back well too, a feature of his game that is improving every week. Defenders up here in Scotland just cant seem to handle his pace and lightning quick feet, always has his head up as well. He really should have scored in the second half being played in on goal at an angle, he did have a defender harassing him at the time but he blasted high and wide from about 7 yards out when he really ought to be hitting the target. He showed his frustration at his miss which is good that he shows passion and wants to score and win games. If he could add goals to his game he would be first on the team sheet every week. He was subbed off at round 80 minutes as he was knackered after putting in a great shift and Hibs looked to shut up shop and see the game game out which they did 0-1. He really seems to be enjoying his football just now and the fans showed their appreciation to him when he went off with a standing ovation. He acknowledged them at FT as well by coming over and applauding the 1700 strong travelling support.

Hibs are away to Kilmarnock tomorrow night in a rearranged match. I expect Neil Lennon to name an unchanged team with Barker wide left. Hibs have won the last two matches 1-0 which Barker has started. Apologies in advance though, there will be no match report from me as I'll be in the Premier Inn at Heald Green in preparation for flying to Napoli on Wednesday morning to cheer on City.

To sum him up just now, improving every week with the coaching from Neil Lennon. Not the finished article just yet but he's got so much talent. Add in a few goals the lad will go places. I wouldn't say he's too good for Hibs just yet but he's learning every week and quickly becoming a fans favourite. We all love to see a tricky winger breezing past defenders and getting crosses in for the for the front men and Brandon Barker does just that!

A joy to watch at times.

3. meeesh

meeesh

I spoke to a mate of mine on Friday, whose a season ticket holder at Hibs,and what you just said sumps up pretty much what he told me,he said he's a belter,or should I say in his scottish lingo "A feckin good yun"....so must be impressing my mate,who knows his shit,used to play for Partick Thistle no less !!

4. Hungarian blue

Hungarian blue

His finishing was one of his traits in City's youth teams as he had that calmness or even arrogance in front of the goal as he just placed his shots to the net, so hopefully this will come in some time, too. :)

5. Cobra

Cobra

It's good to finally see some of the EDS crop from 2014-16 doing well out on loan - Barker, Maffeo, Bryan, Celina & Manu Garcia. And Jack Byrne has been brilliant for Oldham too apparently.

6. Edin blue

Edin blue

Train Guard
    I'll keep this short and sweet Brandon started again for Hibs today v Dundee, his performance today was terrible, other than winning a 50/50 tackle in the first minute which led to Hibs opening goal he was rubbish. Just didn't look like he fancied it and if he was injured he shouldn't have declared himself fit. Hooked at HT as Hibs changed formation. Hibs still won 2-1 to make it 4 wins in a row and 3 clean sheets in 4 games.