Breaking records/stats thread

For all the dominance the rags had since Premiership started they don't hold to many records do they?

They were always very methodical and very boring I thought.

There dominance wasn't solely football, it was the feeling others had playing them. GPC had the refs in his pocket and clubs were quite literally terrified.

They were never a footballing team like we are. They played with width and pace and even in their height were never a great team to watch.

Their ideas are dated and as a football club they haven't reacted since he went.

Mourinho will be breaking down soon enough and they'll enter yet another shitty cycle.

We will lose the Derby. The whole of the chasing pack need us to lose that one. If we go 11 clear there will be no catching us - so the media, sponsors, the FA etc. Need us to lose. Watch out for an appalling refereeing display.

They were always very methodical and very boring I thought.

There dominance wasn't solely football, it was the feeling others had playing them. GPC had the refs in his pocket and clubs were quite literally terrified.

They were never a footballing team like we are. They played with width and pace and even in their height were never a great team to watch.

Their ideas are dated and as a football club they haven't reacted since he went.

Mourinho will be breaking down soon enough and they'll enter yet another shitty cycle.

This. Even during their most successful period their priorities and playing style were always aimed primarily at stopping the opposition from playing or scoring... then hitting on the break and converting their chances, which came almost entirely from long balls and crosses

They were hard working, efficient and clinical in front of goal... but they were never the all out attack, fluent, cavalier football side that many people like to make them out to be.

In 7 of the last 8 seasons, the team on top of the PL table in the third week of November has gone on to become champions;

16/17
1. Chelsea 34 points (C)

15/16
1. City 29
2. Leicester 29 (C)

14/15
1. Chelsea 36 (C)

13/14
1. Arsenal 35
3. City 28 (C)

12/13
1. United 33(C)

11/12
1. City 38 (C)

10/11
1. Chelsea 28
2. United 28 (C)

9/10
1. Chelsea 36 (C)
5 times surely?

Oh. You’re having joint top and ignoring gd

This. Even during their most successful period their priorities and playing style were always aimed primarily at stopping the opposition from playing or scoring... then hitting on the break and converting their chances, which came almost entirely from long balls and crosses

They were hard working, efficient and clinical in front of goal... but they were never the all out attack, fluent, cavalier football side that many people like to make them out to be.

Absolutely and I think the way they play now isn't to dissimilar, the league has wised up to it and currently the PL is seeing a shift to a more continental way of playing. It's filtering through to the FA and the national team as well.

I've always felt Pep won't just revolutionise us, he'll do it to the entire league as well.

Mourinho's methods are long since finished and it's no longer effective. Ask him to put the football on the grass and play an attacking expansive game, all his inefficiencies come to the fore.

I don't think the scum particularly have a poor squad, it's nowhere near ours, but Pep would get a hell of a lot more out of them because he coaches progressively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.