Breaking records/stats thread

No chance of winning them all as nice as that would be. I do think Spurs is the obvious danger, No Kompany or Stones for that one. And Leroy + Fernandinho still 1 yellow away from a suspension. Fernandinho could have done with getting booked yesterday tbh. I think Bournemouth after a Carling Cup midweek might be a potential for dropped points, and Palace away never easy during a busy period. 12 points should be the bare minimum though.

Compared to our nearest rivals United have:
Bournemouth
West Brom
Leicester away
Burnley
Southampton
Everton away
No chance of 6 straight wins and I very much doubt they'll be scoring highly there due to League Cup and FA Cup fixtures which affect them too!

Sod that I want 18 points. If we do that we will be on 64 and need 9 wins from the remaining 16 games to get the magical 90 points. We will have one hand on the trophy. The next 6 games are the key to the season.

No chance of winning them all as nice as that would be.

Why?

We have every chance of winning them all, the festive schedule is really no more crammed than some of the autumn periods with CL and League cup midweek - and we won all of those against better opposition.

Spurs are the big threat, and we could lose any of the others, but I'd give us at least a 50% chance of winning all 6.

The better we do in the league the more we can shift focus and rotate to better our chances when the CL gets going again, keep the run going, make the gap bigger if possible(the pressure is on the contenders not to drop points now) and things become a little simpler for us.

I'm starting to think why can't we win the treble this year with the start we've had, get through the winter months with our form intact(actually better yet get back the form of September/October since our intensity has naturally dropped off with the amount of games) and there's every chance.

Last edited:
14 wins and 8 draws and we beat the points record. 11 wins and 11 draws we end up on 90 points which should be good enough for the title. Obviosusly both mean going unbeaten which I don't think will happen but it's a lot of leeway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.